My New UNIVOX HI-FLYER Bass

Univoxer

My New UNIVOX HI-FLYER Bass

Postby Univoxer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm new here but I thought you all might like to take a look at my newly-purchased (yesterday) UNIVOX HI-FLYER bass which I'll get my hands on next week. Whaddaya think?

Univoxer

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: My New UNIVOX HI-FLYER Bass

Postby Veenture » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:24 am

Most interesting Univox! (sorry could't help it) :twisted:

To get it right, you may want to follow up Desert surfer’s advice offered in one of the threads here:

Desert Surfer wrote:

First go to http://www.photobucket.com and register an account. (It's free)
Upload photos onto your album (very easy).
Then copy and paste the Image code onto your forum message,
and you are done!

It's fun. Good luck!

Univoxer

Postby Univoxer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Thanks, I have a Photobucket account with some old photos uploaded but I just uploaded the bass photos. I have the URLs saved for the HTML codes but I don't know how to share them unless it's just including the HTML codes here.

Univoxer

Veenture wrote:Most interesting Univox! (sorry could't help it) :twisted:

To get it right, you may want to follow up Desert surfer’s advice offered in one of the threads here:

Desert Surfer wrote:

First go to http://www.photobucket.com and register an account. (It's free)
Upload photos onto your album (very easy).
Then copy and paste the Image code onto your forum message,
and you are done!

It's fun. Good luck!

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:32 pm

This is posted in the Off Topic section at the top of the page as a sticky. Maybe it'll help.

How to post photo's on this forum
Danny Ellison

Univoxer

Postby Univoxer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks for that dubtrub. But the instructions do not cover that if you have a FREE account and you try to post a photo(s), you get this instead of your image(s):
REMOTE LINKING
FORBIDDEN
--------------
Freeservers does not
support remote linking
of images or files for
FREE accounts.
--------------
PLEASE UPGRADE
YOUR ACCOUNT

I don't want to come across as a cheap bastard but I habitate a few forums and I can't afford to donate to each one (not on my low Social Security pittance). I'll forego placing images for the present.

But I did benefit from uploading my images to Photobucket, an account that had lain dormant since 2007.

Univoxer

dubtrub wrote:This is posted in the Off Topic section at the top of the page as a sticky. Maybe it'll help.

How to post photo's on this forum

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Here ya go...It's a little large.
Never mind it lasted about two seconds before it defaulted. Pretty bass, though.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:09 pm

I saved the photo to my computer then transferred it to my Photobucket account and here it is. ;)

Danny Ellison

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:19 pm

Hey, do I see Humbucker pups? on a bass ? Or am I running behind the times? :oops:

Nice instrument, I like the natural finish.

Univoxer

Postby Univoxer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks for doing that, dubtrub, I appreciate it. It is a real nice-looking bass and in excellent condition for a 30+year-old instrument.

Hours prior to my discovering it in The Guitar Attic's (Daytona Beach, FL) website I had sold my Eastwood Univox Hi-Flyer. I was fortunate to get a beginner who like what he saw in my Craigslist ad and when he saw it and tried, whipped out his cash to pay my asking price. He also bought the CRATE BX25 that I was also offering on Craigslist. I couldn't belive how fortunate I was to sell the bass immediately after advertising it and the amp.

Then I went surfing for the UNIVOX. There are a couple on eBay right now, an Aria clone and a UNIVOX in poor condition. Then on google I found a listing for the bass including the price and I crossed my fingers that it was a current listing. While I couldn't believe the asking price and I thought it wasn't going to be in the best condition once I saw the photo I hoped the store still had it. I wrote them an email asking if it was still available but didn't want to wait to turn on the computer to see if I had received a reply. So even though I get up at noon because we're retired, I called the store right away, the proprietor Randy Pepper, himself a guitar player, answered, made my day by saying that the bass was still available and I rattled off my credit card number faster than he could get ready to take the info down.

It'll arrive next Tuesday and I really can't wait. I've had other basses but for some reason, possibly because I tried so hard to get one on eBay since last year and none of them looked as good as this one, I'm elated to be so fortunate. Sometimes not getting the real thing feels better than if I could afford a Mosrite. I also loved my Aria Pro II Black 'n' Gold which also now sells for a premium.

Thanks for posting the photo, I'm grateful.

Univoxer

[quote="dubtrub"]I saved the photo to my computer then transferred it to my Photobucket account and here it is. ;)

Univoxer

Postby Univoxer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Yeah, your vision is still good. Those humbucker have been on that bass for over 30 years! Go to Harmony Central and read some of the raves (and non-raves). Prior to my acquiring the bass I wasn't crazy about the natural finish but because this bass is in such nice glossy condition, I'm liking the finish more and more. It also allows me to fantasize someday doing a candy apple red with flecks(?), or to imitate THE STOOGES' Dave Alexander's blue Mosrite. Then again, I may not want to mess with the natural finish.

Veenture wrote:Hey, do I see Humbucker pups? on a bass ? Or am I running behind the times? :oops:

Nice instrument, I like the natural finish.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”