Anyone gig their Mosrite, or just a case queen?

Dickey

Anyone gig their Mosrite, or just a case queen?

Postby Dickey » Tue May 29, 2018 8:46 pm

I bring my original '65 Ventures to my gigs, and usually break it out the last set. Pickers in the audience get wide-eyed & drop jaw when I take it out. No guitar I've ever owned sounds quite like it. I breathe a sigh of relief, however, when it's back in its case after the last set. What good is a guitar that ain't played, right?

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: Anyone gig their Mosrite, or just a case queen?

Postby Sarah93003 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi Dickey,

I have gigged with my Mosrite in the past and would in the future. With that said, I never take my eyes off of it, just in case. No pun intended.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Dickey

Postby Dickey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:43 pm

Yea; me too. my old Tele goes on the guitar stand during the break, but the Mosrite goes in the case.
What model Mosrite do you own?

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:37 am

Dickey wrote:Yea; me too. my old Tele goes on the guitar stand during the break, but the Mosrite goes in the case.
What model Mosrite do you own?

I have a couple of Mosrite Celebrities. The Celebrity family of Mosrite guitars is kinda my "thing". I have a website, www.MosriteCelebrity.com which is the result of many years of gathering information on these. The place that hosted my website just disappeared along with my site. I am just now trying to rebuild it and hope to have it all back together in a month or less.
1982 Fender Bullet

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:56 am

Sarah, this is exciting news, indeed. Thank you for sharing your discoveries and best of luck on the re-launch.
Mosrite Forever

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:27 pm

btw to keep on topic......I used to gig with my celebrity all the time. I was in semi-retirement from music for about a decade, but I intend on using my Mosrites upon my return. (don’t call it a comeback :roll: ) A funny story...years ago, a friend was down his guitar and asked to borrow my celebrity. I said sure and came to the gig to see him in action. First song, his solo comes up....he uses the trem and breaks a string, right off the bat. I remember the horrified look that we shared when it happened. What a wipeout :shock:
Mosrite Forever

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 pm

t-bone wrote:Sarah, this is exciting news, indeed. Thank you for sharing your discoveries and best of luck on the re-launch.

Thank you t-bone. By the way, I'd like to chat with you about your Celebrity, A0731. I'd like to feature it on my website as I am convinced yours is a transition piece. I don't know if it's the only one, but what intrigues me is that it is the two screw, mortise and tenon joint AND it has the control plate arrangement that came after the original series was split out into Celebrity-I, -II, and -III.
1982 Fender Bullet

Armitage

Postby Armitage » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 pm

I gigged with my Mark V back in the 80's. I guess I was too young and dumb to be paranoid about anything happening to it :lol:

Sarah - I'm super excited that you're (in the process of) recreating your Celebrity website. I used to go there all the time a few years back - such an amazing resource. Plus - I can look at pictures of Mosrites all day :geek:

Will you be collecting serial numbers? I have a blue Celebrity III (at least I think it's a III). Nothing too special except for the color - I don't see many blue one's for sale. I'd be happy to send pictures/serial once you're back up and running. Let me know.

Have a great evening everyone!

CS Armitage

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Armitage wrote:I gigged with my Mark V back in the 80's. I guess I was too young and dumb to be paranoid about anything happening to it :lol:

Sarah - I'm super excited that you're (in the process of) recreating your Celebrity website. I used to go there all the time a few years back - such an amazing resource. Plus - I can look at pictures of Mosrites all day :geek:

Will you be collecting serial numbers? I have a blue Celebrity III (at least I think it's a III). Nothing too special except for the color - I don't see many blue one's for sale. I'd be happy to send pictures/serial once you're back up and running. Let me know.

Have a great evening everyone!

CS Armitage

Yes, I'd love to see photos. The Blue Celebrities and Green Celebrities don't pop up very often. White ones even less. I definitely have continued to collect serial numbers over the past 10+ years. I'd love to add yours to the list. You can email me via my website at: sarah@MosriteCelebrity.com
1982 Fender Bullet

rcblair

Postby rcblair » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:02 pm

My 1965 Ventures bass was the only bass that I owned until the early 1990's so it was used on a lot of gigs. I acquired a 2-pickup Mosrite bass that sounded great at home, but when I used it in a function hall for a rehearsal it buzzed like a hornet's nest. I haven't tried using it outside of the house since but I'd really like to because it sounds so good.

Rick B.
1965 Ventures Model Bass. Original owner. Early 70's bass.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”