my copy

jramonitos

my copy

Postby jramonitos » Wed May 21, 2008 11:09 pm

hey there!
I have this guy to make me a copy of my MIJ Mosrite MarkI. i jus got back home from there house and i'm happy to say that it is almost done.( I'll be doing the paint job and connecting the hardwares and electronics). I took a few pictures of the arm and i'll try to post it asap. ;) . so hopefully it will be done ealry nextweek.

I already talked to him to make me another mosrite copy and this time the johnnyramone mark II. We really like to start building it sometime nextweek but my problem is that we don't really have the exact measurements of the guitar. All i got is a picture of a mosrite mark II standing straight and we blow up the pic and try to get the exact measurements of the single coil pick up... if you got some infos please share. i need the whole length, width, scale etc. thanks. :geek:

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: my copy

Postby dubtrub » Thu May 22, 2008 9:04 am

Sorry JR, but I don't have any info on the Mosrite mark II. I don't even know if they have the same neck scale length as the Mark 1. I have lots of specs on the Mark 1 aka Ventures model. Hopefully someone here will have more information. I look forward to seeing your photo's when available.
Danny Ellison

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey jr I got a template for the johnny ramone model that I could send you tracings of if you need them. I also have a pickguard template that I could trace for you too. Let me know and I'll see if I can send em out to you.

jramonitos

Postby jramonitos » Thu May 22, 2008 9:57 pm

KRamone27 wrote:Hey jr I got a template for the johnny ramone model that I could send you tracings of if you need them. I also have a pickguard template that I could trace for you too. Let me know and I'll see if I can send em out to you.

heyKramone27!
that would be a big help! Can you send that to me? PM please. ;)

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:48 am

Hey Johnny, I got the tracings ready to go as soon as I get your address but in the mean time here's what I made after I put them into masonite templates. I used cheap plywood so I could tweek on the dimensions without going through some expensive wood. Cheers, Kevin

jramonitos

Postby jramonitos » Fri May 23, 2008 9:03 pm

hey kevin!
do you have the finish product of this guitar?i wanna see it? i PM you already for the address. thanks for the help! ;)
gracias!

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sat May 24, 2008 9:13 am

Kevin,
It looks like you are off to a great start. Is the photo of the finished body? You said you used some cheap plywood. That looks like it's got 'tiger striping' in it, is that plywood? Have you made any necks yet? Keep up the good work.

KRamone27 and jramonitos, keep us posted on your projects.
Danny Ellison

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:50 am

dubtrub wrote:Is the photo of the finished body? You said you used some cheap plywood. That looks like it's got 'tiger striping' in it, is that plywood? Have you made any necks yet?

Yeah Danny, for this body I just took two 16" wide pieces of 3/4" birtch plywood and glued them together so I could get it close to the actual thickness so I could tweek on the dimensions. JR I actually got just the body outline from Mike Marks who has a huge Mosrite collection and I had him send me a tracing and I had to figure out how everything went together. Once I start on the actuall guitar itself I'll probably burn the plywood body just so I don't have a bunch of stuff cluttering my space. And I'll post the progress as I make it. Kevin

jramonitos

Postby jramonitos » Mon May 26, 2008 11:54 pm

i havent got the time to take some pictures my markI clone cuz i've been busy with work and other personal stuff. but i will soon when it's really finish.

hey kev! do you know the actual length of the johnny ramone body from the tip of the headstock down to the edge of the body and the body width? i went to a printing store to have it inlarge and i got 36 inches from headstock to the end of the body and the width is about `12 inches... just wondering if this is right? It's actually small compare to my MIJ mosrite. comments please, especially those individuals who own a mark II.thanks. :)

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Hey Johnny, sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the tracings but I've been out of town on business since tuesday. I'll send you some pics and measurements here tomorrow I gotta spend some time with the wife and kids and finish my in-laws deck that I'm building for them. L8r, Kevin

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”