Blonde Celebrity

t-bone

Blonde Celebrity

Postby t-bone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi All. I would like to share my Celebrity with you. I bought it from a chef whom I worked for in southern Oregon twenty years ago. I love this guitar. excuse the rough edges. love to know what you all can tell me about it.

Mosrite Forever

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: Blonde Celebrity

Postby Sarah93003 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 pm

None of the photos appear in the post. I don't know if there is another way of attaching photos without some hosting site allowing it. With PhotoBucket now wanting big bucks for third party hosting that is going to put a big damper on forums.

If you would like to email them to me at: sarah@MosriteCelebrity.com I will be happy to look at them.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:19 am

will do, Sarah. I was hoping that you would pop in. thanks.
Mosrite Forever

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:44 pm

I want to tell more of my blonde celebrity. The Body: Spruce top natural finish. Flamed Maple sides and back. a lot of wear and tear. the back is horror show, someone previously tried to re finish it. there are two braces on the inside, running parralel with the neck. no label inside f-holes. They appear to be the fat f-holes. all electronic controls are on the apostrophy style panel( red tortise shell). the selector is turned with two lines. the two knobs have the V and T with the numbers. Half trem and roller bridge. Mosrite circle r pickups. the neck is joined to the body with two screws. two piece maple neck with a bound, rosewood fingerboard. the heastock M is cut square with the nut. the tuners are open back, with metal, oval knobs. truss rod cover at the head. M Mosrite of california. serial number is very worn, best guess is A0731. Any questions or verifications are welcome.
Mosrite Forever

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:53 pm

I'm studying this guitar for a couple of interesting, "anomalies". The most interesting to me is that the body is of the original Celebrity series which had the mortise and tenon neck joint, multi layer binding, and large F holes. But, this guitar does not have the pickup selector on the treble horn as it should and it has the control plate that came when Mosrite divided this line into Celebrity I, II, and III. It is a later serial number in the A series so my first thought is this guitar may be a transition piece. In other words, it may be the last of the A series. When I have a little time I will compare it to my database of serial numbers and photos to see if I can determine where it fits in.

Being an all natural finish is very unusual for this era so I suspected a refin at first. However, I see significant checking which is indicative of a lacquer finish consistent with this era. Curious.

The tuners are not the original Kluson tuners that should be on this guitar so somebody changed it out. It has the pickups for a Celebrity-III with the smooth cover. It does have the serial number on the tremolo which places it after March of 1966.

The font of the stamp used to imprint the serial number onto the fretboard looks a little strange to me. I would love to see a pencil rubbing of it.

I'll be back with more input. ;)
1982 Fender Bullet

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Wow, Thank you so much. This story is shaping up into a good one! Not so much for value, it is never leaving my grasp, just really fun to know more about this guitar. Although life often gets in the way, it has kept me coming back to playing over and over throughout the years. I will try to get photos posted here so everyone can enjoy the ride.
Mosrite Forever

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:48 am

this is a test.......[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yx3sak3w62qmjth/mosrite-05.jpg?
[/img]
Mosrite Forever

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:55 am

i am most obviously out of my element.
Mosrite Forever

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:13 pm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yx3 ... ite-05.jpg

So, you can post links to your photos by just pasting the url, beginning with "https" and ending with "jpg" like I did above. At least that way folks can click on the link and see the image.
1982 Fender Bullet

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 pm

,,,,or you can add the "img" tag from the "post reply" bar options in front and after the URL.

BTW Sarah, your url in your website link (in your signature) goes no where.

Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”