hello from northern calif.

hypnofonic

hello from northern calif.

Postby hypnofonic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:16 pm

hi yawll, this is andy from the hypnotic IV (instro surf from landlocked sacramento, california).. finally got around to doing some browsing on the forum. great stuff! ive been playing mosrites for quite a few years now, nice to find more people that actually appreciate these great sexy guitars!

anyway, here are my mosrites - left to right 63 fillmore sidejack reissue, 65 mark I, 64 mark I. and dont laugh at my 1973 kitchen floor.. 8-)

cheers!
andy

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: hello from northern calif.

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:23 pm

Andy,

Welcome aboard! Mel from the former Mach IV, current Meshugga Beach Party here. I remember you guys put on a heck of a show when I saw you at Old Ironsides, what, in 2001 or 2002. It was the show you did with the Surf Coasters, and I was lucky enough to play your fillmore sidejack for a run through Surf Party. Did you have some kind of endorsement with Fillmore at the time?

So, what's new with the Hypnotic IV these days?

Mel

PS. The kitchen floor (or should I say kitsch-en floor) is fantastic. Is that linoleum or tile? Please tell me your frigidaire is gold/harvest burst.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

hypnofonic

Postby hypnofonic » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:27 am

hey mel! yep that that was a fun show! here is mel on my fillmore:

h4 are still around, in fact we just played on halloween. we all have other bands we play in so we only get together every 4-6 months and do a few shows.. and yep we got endorsed by fillmore right before we released our last cd and went on tour in europe! they sent us 2 guitars and a bass. we actually met the owners in LA when they did the johnny ramone release, they are really nice! the serial # on the fillmore is VM0004... kinda cool ..its really a great playing guitar and sounds really good. its my main guitar although the 64 has been getting played alot lately so i might switch to that for a while...

haha and nope, i wish we had a cool fridge, all thats left in our 73 kitchen is dark brown cabinets and the linoleum (which is cool in a funky way).. all of this will one day be tore out and will be redone 50's style like it should have been (our house is from 55).

andy

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:37 am

Welcome to the forum ... nothing wrong with the retro look. I have a kitchen/dining area done in 50s/Coca Cola style - down to the black and white tiles and the chrome dining table... had lots of fun remodeiling ...

Dennis

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:57 am

Welcome, beautiful Mosrites!

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 am

Here's the incriminating picture. In addition to the Mosrite, notice the blonde Showman - quite a combo!

Your Fillmore was the first modern Mosrite I played and in fact the first Mosrite I'd had in my hands since trying one in a guitar shop in NYC in 1993. It got the Mosrite bug re-ignited for me, even though it took quite a few more years till I could get my hands on one myself. Since I got my first one, my Jaguar and Jazzmaster spend a lot of time gathering dust.

*editted to a new photo url*
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Welcome Andy- Nice GTRS!!! The Color Scheme is perfect
for the WDR '64 Vol II Album all over again! :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

hypnofonic

Postby hypnofonic » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:45 pm

thanks for the welcome guys!

mel - glad to know my 63 reignited your mosrit-is! my first mosrite was a 65 mark V then i ended up getting a really mint celebrity bass. then found a one-off double neck (6 and 12 string but octave! weird) in some little river town by sacramento that i eventually traded ernie at front porch for the blue 65. i believe he still has that double neck, its cool, double bound body, built by an employee at mosrite in 67.

i love these things... i kick myself in the butt for not buying them as much as i could when they were still 1500 guitars. oh well.. sooo many good guitars i have passed up, and just because i was 21 and broke, not cuz i didnt like em...

andy

hypnofonic

Postby hypnofonic » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Welcome Andy- Nice GTRS!!! The Color Scheme is perfect
for the WDR '64 Vol II Album all over again! :mrgreen:

haha you are right! i totally forgot about WDR 64 that has the same colors!

cool!

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”