MARK II bridge

abio

MARK II bridge

Postby abio » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:49 am

hi everybody! my mosrite mark 2 has got a terrible bridge. it's the regular mark 2 bridge, but it's not working properly. i've got buzzes all over the fretboard. right now i'm playing with little pieces of paper stuck between the saddles, to make them more stable.

i was wondering if i could just take a les paul bridge and make a direct swap, with no modifications... do you think it's possible? i haven't got an LP bridge available for a try, i should buy one online, and so i'd prefer to hear from you guys first, because i'm not that knowledgeable about measures, neck radius differences, and such...

opinions, suggestions?

thanks!

oh, and merry Xmas!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: MARK II bridge

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Hallmark has NOS Mosrite bridges in stock that work perfectly. Sometimes the originals get warped over time and do not function properly any longer. You can try to repair them but it is not always successful. We do not advertise these so you would need to contact me directly if you would like one.

Bob
hallmarkguitars@verizon.net
240-473-1157

abio

Postby abio » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:26 am

whoops, wrong forum. sorry and thanks for moving it to the right place.

@Bob: thanks, yeah i was considering contacting hallmark for a proper mkII bridge, but i'd prefer to avoid international purchases in the christmas period. i'm definitely getting a new shiny proper bridge in the future, but for now (let's say until february) i'd like to fix it with something available here in italy. i was thinking about a tune-o-matic. do you think it can be a good ad interim solution?

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:57 am

I would have to say that I do not think that would be a good solution to put a traditional Gibson bridge on a Mosrite. You would need to play with the neck angle, meaning the new bridge would be very high unless you took some wood off of the neck, also the saddles would need to be re cut for the thinner neck profile. Not to mention hurting the collectable value of your guitar.

I would not wast money and time on it personally.

Get the right part.

Bob

abio

Postby abio » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:56 am

darn! didn't think about that. thanks for your help, i'll get in touch in a couple weeks!

cheers,

fabio

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”