60's Pink Mosrite

vcoombes

60's Pink Mosrite

Postby vcoombes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 am

Hi, I am looking for a guitar that I owned in the late sixties. I was in Long Beach, Ca. at the time and bought a Mosrite pink guitar that was swirled with lipstick red pinstriping(very psycadelic) throughout the guitar. I believe it was a Mk I but not sure. I think I traded it in on a Firebird around 1970 in Long Beach, and have been looking for the guitar recently. I would appreciate any info if any of you might have seen it. I have no idea if it was repainted or whatever happened to it. Thanks Vic Coombes

BRRanger
Top Producer

Re: 60's Pink Mosrite

Postby BRRanger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Hey Vic! Welcome to the forum...still looking for my Mosite I sold in the '80's, to no avail. Maybe one of these days!??
Scott

vcoombes

Postby vcoombes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi Scott, I am hoping because it was so distinctive and custom that it someone like the folks on this forum who loves these guitars like I do might have seen it. Vic

sumlin

Postby sumlin » Fri May 09, 2014 4:54 am

My friend plays drums for Yann Tiersen and told me he'd recently added a pink Mosrite to his guitar collection - could this be it? It's hard to find a good pic but you can see it in these, it's a raspberry pink colour with what looks like a matching headstock:

Brass Rail #43
Acoustic Black Widow #BC1092
MkV #B735
Univox Hi Fliers, Tele Deluxes, Harmony Bobkats

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sat May 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Do you know if it had a serial number that was stamped on the fretboard near the neck pickup? Many Mosrite guitars have that and it would help narrow down the search to a particular neck, At least. See, Sometimes Mosrite guitars have been dis-assembled and parts have been sold separately over the years so I wonder if that's what happened to the guitar you had or not.

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue May 20, 2014 4:48 pm

vcoombes wrote:Hi, I am looking for a guitar that I owned in the late sixties. I was in Long Beach, Ca. at the time and bought a Mosrite pink guitar that was swirled with lipstick red pinstriping(very psycadelic) throughout the guitar. I believe it was a Mk I but not sure. I think I traded it in on a Firebird around 1970 in Long Beach, and have been looking for the guitar recently. I would appreciate any info if any of you might have seen it. I have no idea if it was repainted or whatever happened to it. Thanks Vic Coombes

Vic, I saw this a little while ago, did yours have a matching headstock?
The pick-ups are white, but heck, those could of been changed 25 years ago!! :shock:
http://youtu.be/ZTA3O2ffu0E
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Tue May 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Sorry Dennis, that one's a modern Japanese guitar.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”