New Rare Mosrite

MOSDAN
Top Producer

New Rare Mosrite

Postby MOSDAN » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Guys and Galls-Here is a new Mosrite I scored yesterday for $800.00. I believe it is an early Fillmore but made after the Wilson Brothers secured the "The Mosrite" label rights. It is only the second Mosriite I have seen with a Maple Fretboard and the neck and fretboard is original and not relayered. It is mint condition with no scratches or other damage, however, the switch is not original but that will be soon changed to a Mosrite type switch. It came in a alligator Mosrite case with a Mosrite White shoulder strap. The vibrato is a "Vibromute". This one was way too cool to pass up so it has joined my Mosrite family.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: New Rare Mosrite

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Definitely a rare bird - great score!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Congrats! wow, 800 smackers...(only) where was it hiding?

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:00 pm

That's purdy danged nice! Yes, where did it come from?

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 pm

NICE! is there a rosewood slab under the maple like the typical 88 models, or is it all maple?
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

MOSDAN
Top Producer

Postby MOSDAN » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks everyone!!! I got the guitar at a local Guitar Center and the kids working there didn't know anything about Mosrite guitars. They had $999.95 on it and I negotiated them down from there. I figure it was just a matter of timing and having more knowledge than the kids working there. I was surprised that none of them looked it up on computer as I know they have internet capabilities. I guess somebody upstairs wanted me to have this one.

There is no rosewood slab. The neck is pure maple including the fretboard and the neck has white binding. :D

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:26 am

Hey Mosdan I've been through that 'young guitar shop staff being totally unaware of Mosrite' scenario so many times and I get tired of trying to educate them. I always tell them to check 'em out on the net but I doubt they ever do.
Still, you have to try and help wherever you can eh?
Bill.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 am

MOSDAN wrote:the switch is not original but that will be soon changed to a Mosrite type switch.
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac20 ... 1330553613

I thought that the switch on my Kurokumo wasn't original when I first got it...until I saw the exact same switch on another Kurokumo (on the Internet) of propably the same run/year. Also don't forget that in Japan metric measurement is the norm ;)
You lucky man!

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:53 am

Very cool, especially for the price.
I remember seeing a Super Custom with an Ink Blue finish and a solid maple neck/fretboard on a Japanese website several years ago.

MOSDAN
Top Producer

Postby MOSDAN » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:30 am

Veenture
You could be right about the switch. As I was playing it last night I noticed a very small amount of pickguard plastic covering (the kind they put on new guitar pickguards) sticking out from the base of the switch where somebody had removed the covering. The present switch is a chrome covered switch and looks OK but is not a Mosrite type. I still may change it to a Mosrite type. I will probably see if I can get a Korean or Japanese Mosrite switch of the same diameter for the pickguard hole. Even if I leave the switch as it is this guitar is truely one of the coolest I have seen. Yes, I am proud and happy to have it!!

Mosman--Those young children at this guitar shop can continue to be ignorant of some of the finer things life has to bring. This old man will definitely use wisdom to his advantage and joy.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”