VINTAGE JAPAN MADE “FIRSTMAN” MOSRITE AVENGER, $1,150 OBO!

Flyingcircus

VINTAGE JAPAN MADE “FIRSTMAN” MOSRITE AVENGER, $1,150 OBO!

Postby Flyingcircus » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Hello to all, I'm new to the Mosrite Forum, Have been building, restoring and collecting guitars for about 25 years, 51 years old. I have a VINTAGE JAPAN MADE “FIRSTMAN” MOSRITE AVENGER MODEL that I'm ready to put up for best offers iif any is interested. It's time to thin the herd and let some go that I don't need and just are collecting dust sitting in the closet.
http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy23 ... s/Mosrite/

I picked this Avenger model up at the Arlington Tx. Guitar Show back in 96 when I was looking for a Mosrite but didn't want to shell out the big bucks for a nice Venture's model or equiv. like many of us when you're looking for a true original made guitar. A used guitar dealer had this one, I checked it out, plugged it in and fell in love. The P.U.'s are sweet and kick butt like the originals would, the neck is as smooth as butter and low action like a Mosrite should be, awesome feel. The neck has no dings or dent's to ruin the feel on the back. EVERYTHING WORKS REGARDING THE ELECTRONCS - NO PROBLEMS. Tuners have never been messed with and all fully functional. It is in exactly the same shape as when I bought it and I've probably played it around 20 times or so, strings are the same also. I haven't taken the Pickguard off or removed the neck and don't plan to so don't ask ok, no reason to. he replacement Trem. Bars are being sold for right at $70 on the ebaY and there is one currently listed. There is no visual sign of a mfg. date on this thing and those of you in the know about these understand that. These were only made in a certain time range before they were made to halt production are are very hard to find and in as good condition as this one. You need to check out the history on the “Firstman” Outlaws or copies if you don't know anything about them. The “Mosrite Forum” has a little info. on them, not much on the net though. “Firstman's” were some of the first and best copies ever made and highly cherished now by collectors and players for their workmanship. Semie had to go after them to stop production. Not much to go over as far as condition, it is what it is, a very nice time piece, much better than the knock off's made in recent and later years 80's-2000's. If anyone has additional info. to contribute regarding the “Firstman” Mosrite's please feel free to do so. This one isn't light and weight is right at 9.4 lbs. Ask any questions and I'll answer you back ASAP, to discuss or make appointments my cell is 817 564-5636, e-mail is acesflyingcircus@hotmail.com, name is Layne Miller

DETAILS AND SPECS:
Body: Solid Basswood Body with "GERMAN CURVE" Contours, Mosrite Clone.
Paint: Factory Sunburst, “VERY GOOD JOB”
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 22 Frets(Including “ZERO FRET” = 23)
Neck: Maple, glued-multi-layer, Mosrite style
TREMOLO & BRIDGES: FIRSTMAN ORIGINAL "MOSELEY" UNIT & ROLLER BRIDGE(MISSING TREM. BAR)
Neck width: 1.590” at nut, 2.120” at 22nd. or last fret.
Neck Thickness at “ZERO” fret = approx. .865”
Numbers of frets: 22
Neck Joint: Bolt on.
Fret Condition: about 90-100%.
Scale: 24.5 inch.
Pick-Ups: FIRSTMAN ORIGINAL HIGH POWER SINGLE COILS (TWO).
Controls: 3Way Toggle Switch for P.U's / 1 Volume / 1 Tone.
Weight: approx. 9.4 lbs.

This guitar has small dents & blemishes, paint and finish is definitely original, see all pics. for definition of condition and areas. Overall very good shape, almost excellent!
Comes with the Hard Shell Case as shown in the pics., it's in primo shape for it's age, not banged or scrached up like a player, this is a closet classic piece, just like the guitar. You can tell it's been well taken care of, not much use, the inside fur is just like brand new except for the impression areas where the guitar nests. No case candy but the pics. tell the story! This case alone is worth over $250 to collectors.

Return to “For Sale”