Hi from IL

Slippery fingers

Hi from IL

Postby Slippery fingers » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:56 am

Hi all,
My name is Paul LaFranco, and I hale from the state of IL, and like you, Im a big Mosrite fan! Among the guitars I own is a 375 Ric, a 620 Ric, a G&L bluesboy, a G&L Legacy 2 HB, a Fender American Standard Strat, a Fender 60's custom Tele, a Gretch Tennessee Rose, two Tacoma acoustics, a Goldtone 5 string banjo, and a 1967 Mosrite Celebrity. I bought the Mosrite on ebay about three yrs ago, and it's all original, and in mint shape. Way back in the olden days, 1967 at the age of 16, I got my first Mosrite at the local music shop, it was a Mosrite Celebrity exactally like the one I have now. I really loved that guitar, when I got married in 1971 my wife bought me a Rickenbacker 375, those two guitars served me well. But in 1976 with a recession in full swing I was broke, and had to go to Saudi Arabia for work, I left my wife and three year old baby girl back here. When I left I told my wife to sell the guitars, I've regretted that for most of my adult life, so when the oportunity arose to replace my Mosrite I jumped on it, but I still missed that 375 Ric, well a few weeks ago my brother came across a 2002 reissue 375 Ric in new unplayed condition and bought it for me as an "early birthday present", so now after all these years it's like a homecomming for me. The music I play most is blues, and classic rock, but I also like country, and bluegrass. Since my retierment my brother and I have put the old band back together and we play a few gigs a month, it's nothing we're gonna get rich at, more of a hobby than anything else, but it's fun. Antway Im real glad to be a part of this forum and hope to be a good contributer as well.
Paul :D
If it's worth doin, it's worth doin right!

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Hi from IL

Postby dubtrub » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum and a great story. I guess I should say 'welcome home'. ;)

Also, I'm curious if your forum alias is correct or slip of the finger? If so, let me know and I can fix that for you.
Danny Ellison

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Hey Paul welcome!

Slippery fingers

Postby Slippery fingers » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi dubtrub,
It was a slip of the finger, (no pun intended) it's suposed to be slippery fingers, I would appriciate it if you would fix it.
Thanks Much,
Paul

Slippery fingers

Postby Slippery fingers » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:56 pm

Also thanks for the warm welcome.
Paul :lol:

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:06 pm

Welcome Paul, and thanks for sharing your story. What color is your Rick 375? Is it the same as you had in the 70s?

I've always had a soft spot for the 325/1996 model, but in fireglo like John Fogarty's was.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Sippery fingers wrote:Hi all,
My name is Paul LaFranco, and I hale from the state of IL, and like you, Im a big Mosrite fan! Among the guitars I own is a 375 Ric, a 620 Ric, a G&L bluesboy, a G&L Legacy 2 HB, a Fender American Standard Strat, a Fender 60's custom Tele, a Gretch Tennessee Rose, two Tacoma acoustics, a Goldtone 5 string banjo, and a 1967 Mosrite Celebrity. I bought the Mosrite on ebay about three yrs ago, and it's all original, and in mint shape. Way back in the olden days, 1967 at the age of 16, I got my first Mosrite at the local music shop, it was a Mosrite Celebrity exactally like the one I have now. I really loved that guitar, when I got married in 1971 my wife bought me a Rickenbacker 375, those two guitars served me well. But in 1976 with a recession in full swing I was broke, and had to go to Saudi Arabia for work, I left my wife and three year old baby girl back here. When I left I told my wife to sell the guitars, I've regretted that for most of my adult life, so when the oportunity arose to replace my Mosrite I jumped on it, but I still missed that 375 Ric, well a few weeks ago my brother came across a 2002 reissue 375 Ric in new unplayed condition and bought it for me as an "early birthday present", so now after all these years it's like a homecomming for me. The music I play most is blues, and classic rock, but I also like country, and bluegrass. Since my retierment my brother and I have put the old band back together and we play a few gigs a month, it's nothing we're gonna get rich at, more of a hobby than anything else, but it's fun. Antway Im real glad to be a part of this forum and hope to be a good contributer as well.

Hi Paul and Welcome to the Forum. YOU are the 'Perfect Role Model' as far as introducing yourself,
where you are from, etc, not to mention filling out your profile.Image
Post PIX of the Celebrity and the RIC when you get a chance. ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Hey Paul, welcome to the forum. Where about in IL are you from? Kevin

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Welcome Paul. I am glad to find another fellow member from IL. Nice introduction and touching stories..

I am in western suburb (for a few more years anyway and will move to desert country, I prefer sand to snow)

You surely have a nice guitar collection. I love Ric too. I also have a 620 (love that toaster pickups)

Correction: Sorry, just checked, mine is 660.

Slippery fingers

Postby Slippery fingers » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:06 am

Again thanks for the VERY WARM welcome, Im gonna enjoy being a member here as there is a great bunch of guys here. My Ric 375 is just like the one I had except for the shark tooth inlays are a little smaller than the originals, and the neck has a slightly different contor than the originals, but I can live with those small changes, and it's MapleGlow. I live in south suburbs, since there are others on this site that live in the area maybe a jam session or at least a get-together may be in order in the near future. I'd love to post some pics of my Celebrity, and other guitars, but Im not sure how to post pics on this forum.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”