Hey y'all - lysol from Savannah, GA

lysol

Hey y'all - lysol from Savannah, GA

Postby lysol » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 am

Hey everybody, nice to meetcha.

Nice forum, already found some interesting tidbits. I'm a computer network geek by trade but I play a big dumb redneck on television.

I've been playing guitar and bass off and on for 30 years or so but I'm the living room "pickin' and grinnin'" type, not even close to a musician, I have NO idea why G C and D go together, I just know it makes a pleasant sound. Have some pros in the family though.

I prefer blues, especially raunchy ol' delta style, classic rock, and old country&western but I listen to pretty much anything. I've been known to slap a guitar together with a cigar box and a reasonably flat stick and some old strings.

I have what I believe to be, based on serial number, a '66 Ventures model inherited from my uncle who foolishly let his step-son "refinish" it about 25-30 years ago, a square neck resonator, a round neck resonator, an Alvarez Yairi, and several cigar box guitars.

Looking for NOS parts and general information about the Mosrite trying to decide if I should put it back in excellent shape or leave it as is and just hang it on the wall, my playing isn't deserving of it anyway. :D

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Hey y'all - lysol from Savannah, GA

Postby dubtrub » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:54 am

Welcome to the forum.

There's nothing more rewarding than to take a Mosrite that has be trashed with a refin and resurrect it back to original condition. Check out our 'How to' forum, I'm sure you can get a lot of helpful information. Plus there is always someone to help talk you through it if you get into trouble.
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:15 am

dubtrub wrote:Welcome to the forum.

There's nothing more rewarding than to take a Mosrite that has be trashed with a refin and resurrect it back to original condition. Check out our 'How to' forum, I'm sure you can get a lot of helpful information. Plus there is always someone to help talk you through it if you get into trouble.

Welcome to the Forum Lysol. If there's ANYONE on this Forum that can rebuild, refinish, or just build one from scratch, the first guy that welcomed you would be your man :mrgreen: . Danny has afew projects that are completed, (currently building a Mosrite Bass), and is being challenged to build something that he's not sure what it is yet :twisted: .....Anyhow, like the man said, check out the "How to" Section. We've all learned a lot so far ;) .
p.s. My OLD Drummer lives in Savannah and still has my old ('66) Mosrite. :cry:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Welcome to the board.

I'm sure if you asked nicely, someone here would probably be willing to take the old clunker off your hands, to save you the trouble of fixing it up. ;)

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Welcome, Lysol. :D

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”