Mosrite Celebrity Bass

kmrmosrite

Mosrite Celebrity Bass

Postby kmrmosrite » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi -

I have the opportunity to purchase a Mosrite Celebrity Bass from a neighbor of mine. I like the sound but am really taken by the design and looks of the instrument. It's serial # is an I or L prefix and then 00XX. Any idea what it might be worth? I have looked around on EBay but did not find the equivalent instrument.

Thanks in advance.

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Mosrite Celebrity Bass

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Any idea what it might be worth? I have looked around on EBay but did not find the equivalent instrument.

PIX! PIX! PIX!!! Is it a Celebrity I, II, or III? What color is it? Does it have the Original Case, Hang Tags, any Candy with it?? Also you might want to go over to the Introduction Section and tell us a little about yourself, what kind of music you play, etc. Welcome to the 'Site. ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

kmrmosrite

Postby kmrmosrite » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:58 pm

Sorry I do not have any pics. I figured the serial number would be enough to identify it.

No case or candy just a bass propped up against the wall at my neighbors thrift shop.

Thans for the warm welcome even though I am not a Mosrite owner, LP Custom is my weapon of choice.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:22 pm

kmr,
There's a whole bunch of us on here with all kinds of guitars :mrgreen: . I myself, have a '61 Paul Custom with 30 or so other guitars. Although this Forum is about Mosrites, if you get a chance to look around, you'll find that this 'Site has all kinds of threads with Reverb Tanks, Amps, Fenders, Gibson, clones, etc, etc.
When you get a chance to see the Bass again, look inside the F-Hole. You'll see a Sticker inside the Bass, and that will tell you which Celebrity it is ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”