the ventures logo

brunob

the ventures logo

Postby brunob » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:48 am

I know that the Ventures logo came only in some time and models,but I must say that I'll be very happy to get that "the Ventures model)on my future Mosrite,does anybody knows if it's still possible to find?
cheers Bruno :twisted:

Dennisthe Menace

Re: the ventures logo

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:44 am

Yep....for the right price. Unfortunately, the REAL Mosrites with "the Ventures" Logo on them ('63-'67/'68) are going for a very high price. There are some Japanese R.I. out there with "the Ventures" Logo on them, but they are the ones with the Decals on them. The ORIGINALS were actually 'Silk-Screened" onto the Headstock with a Clearcoat over them......
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

zak

Postby zak » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:55 am

Dennisthe Menace wrote:There are some Japanese R.I. out there with "the Ventures" Logo on them, but they are the ones with the Decals on them. The ORIGINALS were actually 'Silk-Screened" onto the Headstock with a Clearcoat over them......

FWIW my Japanese Mosrite doesn't have a decal, the Ventures logo is screened on the headstock under the laquer.

DGW

Postby DGW » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm in the midst of trying to find one for a bass I'm restoring and am coming up empty wherever I turn. I talked with a guy who's very literate in Mosrites and he cautioned that I could get in deep doo-doo using a repro. Anyone know of a source that won't run me afoul of the lawyers?

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:43 pm

DGW wrote:I'm in the midst of trying to find one for a bass I'm restoring and am coming up empty wherever I turn. I talked with a guy who's very literate in Mosrites and he cautioned that I could get in deep doo-doo using a repro. Anyone know of a source that won't run me afoul of the lawyers?

DGW, that's nonsense. This has been going on for some time, AND NOT JUST MOSRITES EITHER (LOL). No, this has been a ("Highway Scam" Art :twisted: ) for the past 20 yrs (if not, more! :o ) dealing with Fenders, Gretsch, Gibson, and anyone else that used Decals for some of their guitars over a certain period. By chance, is this person familiar with this Forum? It would be GREAT to have another person who is very literate in Mosrites. The more, the merrier! :mrgreen:

DGW

Postby DGW » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:58 pm

He's not the "forum" type, ufortunately, which is too bad, since he does some top-notch work. As it stands right now, unless I can find someone who has one, I'm going to have a graphics person I know do some artwork of the logos and I'll have my decal guy do a rub-off transfer. If I have it repro'd, I'll of course have more than one done, in both black andd white, so that others can have one if they need it.

Larry

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:41 pm

Larry, keep checking on E-Bay. They usually pop up periodically and there was one on there not too long ago ;) .

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:30 pm

While collecting parts for my project, I was able to find a source for Mosrite / Ventures model decals. His name is Addis and his email address is addiszaryan@yahoo.com I got both black and white versions from him since I'm still not sure what color I'm going to finish the neck. Compared to my '66 they look very good, of course as a decal it will be clear that it's not the stock silkscreen but that's probably a good thing.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

DGW

Postby DGW » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:33 am

Thanks for the lead on the decal, and I've been religiously looking at eBay for some time. I have some pics of the logos on my bass and guitar off to a graphics guy for a quote on repro-ing them. I'll see what he has to say before going the decal route.

FYI, in working on the bass, it ended up having so many deep divots in the surface (around the neck plate and around the pickups) from either extreme use or heavy-handed sanding that I'll probably end up refinishing it a solid color (I'm currently leaning toward white). Except for the divots, the body is in reasonable shape considering how amateurish the technique used in removing the finish was. I had thought about planing the top and back down and laminating new wood on, but thought that that approach was a little too far from the character of a Mosrite (I was tempted to use flame maple).

Larry

DGW

Postby DGW » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:26 pm

MWaldorf wrote:While collecting parts for my project, I was able to find a source for Mosrite / Ventures model decals. His name is Addis and his email address is addiszaryan@yahoo.com I got both black and white versions from him since I'm still not sure what color I'm going to finish the neck. Compared to my '66 they look very good, of course as a decal it will be clear that it's not the stock silkscreen but that's probably a good thing.

Thanks for the lead. I ordered one from him today and it should be to me the middle of next week. Beats the heck out of going through the trouble of repro-ing one myself. BTW, he's been having a bit of a time getting the word out that he has them, since the copyright police have hassling him when he posted on eBay.

Larry

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”