Firstman Mosrite

ayupchapmate

Firstman Mosrite

Postby ayupchapmate » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi all. I am really looking for a well priced Japanese Firstman Mosrite mainly due to price. I have been checking ebay and they come up rarely if anyone has any good ideas for contacts or is selling one please let me know. This would be my first mosrite type guitar and would absolutely love to have one although I know this is not the total real deal. I played one of these a while ago and loved it. Any help would be much appreciated ecspecially being a total newbie with these types of guitars. Thanks

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: Firstman Mosrite

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Welcome to the forum. You'll find your guitar if you keep looking.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:04 am

Yep, I second what Sarah says. Welcome to the forum.

ayupchapmate

Postby ayupchapmate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:15 am

I hope you are right, would be amazing. I found one on ebay which was perfect but I missed the end bid which was so so so stupid of me. Not sure if the link to it work but here it is. By the way this seems a good price, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250672151234&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If anyone has anything like this which they are willing to let go please let me know.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:20 am

Seems like a good price. Any decent playing guitar is worth at least $500, in my humble opinion.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:21 am

ayupchapmate wrote:By the way this seems a good price, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250672151234&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

$582,oo seems fair but would have been too high for me personally (there's also shipping- & handling costs and import duties to add...) This one has some nasty battle scars; looks like it has been used as an axe for sure...but not to satisfy musical needs I'd venture to say... :roll:

Those "paint cracks" on both sides of the neck pocket would definitely have me worried. If I had this guitar, I would always think of passing it on again :?

I'd say, wait for a better opportunity to come along and keep an eye on this seller! he offers attractive stuff now and again. I bought my Aria Ventures model bass from him a little while back and had zero problems; he gives an honest description along with plenty of excellent pictures of the object up for auction.

[edit] It may be worth your while to check out this Avenger Mosrite (also by Firstman) on ebay right now...and it's wayyyyyy better than the blacky :arrow: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MIJ-VINTAGE-FIRST ... 3a5d71b64a :shock: :shock: :shock:

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:46 am

I have a couple of those early 70s MIJ Mos, and I promise, I wouldn't sell them for the price that one went for .. they are excellent players - just don't have that slim Mosrite neck - more of a "C" profile on mine. If I didn't have some already, I would have been all over that one ...

Dennis
So many guitars; So little time ..

ayupchapmate

Postby ayupchapmate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Thanks for all your help guys. Veenture thanks for the heads up on ebay. I was actually looking for them on ebay and missed this some how, looks totally amazing. Hope it does not go for super loads. I know this totally the wrong forum but thought as I am here I would mention a bass I have which is a rossetti nine bass guitar. I tried to google it and its one of the only things in my life time I have never been able to find out much about. I believe they were a dead cheap guitar and not rated at all. I have had mine serviced and have have an earth wire put in and I have to say I think it looks amazing and sounds quite good, seriously.

Going back to things more mosrite I am going to watch this one on ebay like a hawk. Dennis thanks for your input I thought it was a good deal and am happy to live with the battle scars but this one does look much nicer.

Return to “Wanted”