Shecky from Meshugga Beach Party

Shecky

Shecky from Meshugga Beach Party

Postby Shecky » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Hey Mosrite fans, I thought I'd check in and see what all the fuss is about these here Mosrites and their clones. Meshugga band-mate Mel Waldorf is loaning me his brand new Hallmark Mosrite copy and to this die-hard Fender offsett user, it's a strange beast. Mostly having trouble with my pick attack. Mind you I haven't even plugged it in yet, but it seems I have to use just the slightest attack or it the string sounds like I'm abusing it. Once I plug it in I'll have more specifics. For now I'll be mostly lurking, but who knows...

Cheers!
Shecky aka Danny Snyder
aka Mycroft Eloi of The TomorrowMen

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Shecky from Meshugga Beach Party

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Hey Shecky,

Welcome to the forum.

Take it from someone who LOVES Fender Strat's and Jazzmaster's, I have several of each. The Mosrite feel will come in time. First thing you want to do is put your offset in the case and relegate it to the back of the closet for a month or so. Play your Hallmark every opportunity throughout the day. Next time when you pick up your Fender it will feel like someone else's guitar. After you mastered the feel of the Mosrite, set them both out and trade back and forth between them through out the day and before you know it, you will have mastered the change between the two and it won't matter which one you pick up. Try it, it work's.

Danny Snyder, from SG101. I just remembered you from over there before I started this forum. I didn't know you was with Mel, and Meshugga. Glad to have join us here.
Danny Ellison

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Hey Shecky, welcome to the forum! That's very nice of Mel to loan you his guitar. :mrgreen:
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

FritzCat
Top Producer

Postby FritzCat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Good to see you here Shecky! I hope to see you guys again soon.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Bubbele, you made it!

In addition to his playing with MBP, Danny also leads The TomorrowMen, which also features our bass player, Mr. Treyf Bacon. Make sure to check them out:
http://www.myspace.com/tomorrowmen
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:03 am

Welcome from me too Shecky, I started out loving Fenders in the late fifties but could only afford a Höfner Strat copy when I had just left school and started earning a salary ;) My first real Fenders (Strat, Jazzmaster) started coming since 1973 and the Strat has always been my fav workhorse.
The Mosrite shape and sound (through the Ventures) really grabbed my attention and finally (2009) after all these years I have something close to a "Ventures Mosrite". Yep, a Hallmark 60 Custom -loving it and as dubtrub mentioned, learning to play both beasts. Enjoy the Forum.

Paul

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:55 am

Welcome to the forum, Shecky! The Hallmark/Mosrite takes some getting used to, but is well worth the effort - Enjoy the forum.

Dennis
So many guitars; So little time ..

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Shecky. Don't worry a Hallmark is much more user friendly then a real Mosrite and not all that far from most modern guitars as far as the neck goes the frets might take some time.The pickup have a quicker attack than fender will.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:10 pm

I think the few times when Shecky had to play my Partsrite after breaking strings at gigs may have biased him against Mosrites - not only does it have super low speed frets, but the switching is so weird it's hard to understand on the fly. The Hallmark has neither of these attributes, so he should be ok!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Shecky

Postby Shecky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Thanks everyone, I'll give you an update once I spend some more time with the guitar.

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”