Daguet guitars, new member

rockaction5

Daguet guitars, new member

Postby rockaction5 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Hello,
I'm making guitars as a half time job and pleasure (no I'm not a masochist!) since 1975 (I was 15) I went to the mosrite design through my love for the MC5 and specially for the playing style of the late Fred Smith, I've allready heard about the venture but I wasn't really into "surf music"... well... personnal taste that have changed a few ;-)
I did years ago a "dagrite" which is not a "replica" but a kind of "hommage" to the mosrite design, I'll post here some picture as soon as I'll figure how to insert them correctly...
have a nice day all
Roger Daguet
http://www.daguetguitars.com

midwestsurfer

Re: Daguet guitars, new member

Postby midwestsurfer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Roger! I checked out your website - your Dagrite is a really interesting design. I hope you enjoy browsing this wonderful forum!
Nick

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Nice guitars - welcome to the forum!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:19 pm

Hello Roger,
Checking out your site I was interested to see your Proto Birdman guitar which you have made as a tribute to Radio Birdman. As a Sydney-sider I'm well familiar with Birdman although I never did see them live. However my band has done a few gigs with their off-shoot band—The New Christs, featuring Rob Younger on vocals—the most recent gig being March this year.
The name 'Dagrite' caused me some amusement as here in Australia calling someone a 'Dag' is certainly not a compliment and saying something is 'Daggy' means you don't want to know about it.
Superb guitars though.
Very cool.
Bill.

rockaction5

Postby rockaction5 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:38 am

mosman wrote: Proto Birdman guitar..........The name 'Dagrite' ..

hello Bill
I've seen "Birdman" in 1978 in Paris, meet them very shortly and comes again in contact with Deniz around 1993, asking him the permission to use the name "radio birdman" on this special guitar, ending on a project guitar around the crestwood epiphone, I'm more in touch actually for years with chris, perhaps we fit better together? anyway , the birdman proto is actually Deniz property, he use it intensely with the "deep reduction" project and tour as second axe on the first european birdman reunion tour (or perhaps it was the second?) about the "dagrite" name... well well... I did it as the bridman as an hommage and can not name it "mos"rite so as my name is "Daguet" it came as "dagrite"... never thought it could be a dull name in australia !!!!maybe I'll have to improve this!?!

rockaction5

Postby rockaction5 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:45 am

midwestsurfer wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum Roger! I checked out your website - your Dagrite is a really interesting design. I hope you enjoy browsing this wonderful forum!

Thank you,
Yes , I allready had a look at the Ed Elliot post... there's a lot of thing I make really differently, such as the german carve, fretboard radius or neck shaping , as I wasn't formerly a luthier I used my technical engineering knowledge to get solutions for the job

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 am

Welcome indeed my friend...
Enjoy
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Welcome to the Forum ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

rockaction5

Postby rockaction5 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:28 pm

just one question ... the way to post a picture? I tried and only get the name "image"??? sorry, I'm more familiar with tone wood, ship wood and english bike than this ... "internet " thing... :oops: ;-)

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Welcome to the forum, Roger. Very nice guitars!!

To post a picture, I think the easiest thing is to upload them to photobucket or some similar site, then use the tag source that starts with [img]and%20ends%20with[/img]; and just paste it into your posted message.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”