my mosrite clone i am building !! carlos from ny

el bajista

Postby el bajista » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:34 pm

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad233/elbajista1/ hi guys ,i just manage to post pics on photobucket about my mosrite clone enjoy thanks carlos :roll:

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: my mosrite clone i am building !! carlos from ny

Postby dubtrub » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Great job! Thanks for the pictures. Did you build the neck also?
Danny Ellison

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey that's cool, nice to see a bass project also.
Man, another one of those home build jobs...I'm nearly 10 years older than you Carlos, do you think I'm too old to start a project myself -for the first time? Trouble is I'm lazy and it's very tempting to just go out and buy one that is much better than I'll ever be able to make myself. Well, I suppose the fun is in the game rather than in the marbles? ;)

Thanks for showing.

el bajista

Postby el bajista » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 pm

hi ,i am not mr EF Elliott , i wish i had a place and those machines ,i am building mine totally by hand with a drill a dremell and a cheap chinese router ,in an apartment , mr Elliott if i could ask you where did you get that body template ,i sure need on ,i copy mine from a picture , well guys after seeing mr Elliotts work ,i do not feel that good i must lay down ,take care till next time carlos from ny

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: no ef elliott

Postby Veenture » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:33 pm

OK, maybe you're not a fine builder like Eddy Elliot, neither am I (never even built one) but I think you are very driven and motivated, like the other guitar project builders here too and deserve a tap on the shoulder. I think to build your own guitar -especially if you are not a professional luthier- is quite an undertaking and your bass is looking good.

Recently TerryTNM, another fine builder, posted some pictures of Semie Moseley’s earliest artefacts…when he (Semie) started his instrument building hobby as a young teenager.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1497&start=10
Look at what he attained many guitar-builds later! You’re doing fine Carlos. ;)

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:38 pm

I got my templates from http://www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com and they are pretty good. But the first thing I would do when you get them is to make a duplicate set of templates out of either 1/2" plywood or mdf as it will give the pattern router bit more surface to roll along.

el bajista

Postby el bajista » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 pm

thanks so much guys ,i will post the finished product tomorrow when my daughter finally will give me my camera and no you are not too old to start ,just doit !!! it gets easier as you go along , sorry for the lousy pics but a phone is made to really talk !! well i be talking to you soon thank you all carlos ny

el bajista

Postby el bajista » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:21 pm

oh by the way yes i also did the neck ,it was an old univox bass with a different headstock and all and the truss rod was broken ,i removed the fretboard and installed a rod and a new fretboard ,installed stainless steel frets and some inlays and i put an old mosrite decal but now i did them in my printer and install them ,you will see the whole thing tomorrow ,if you need pointers please let me know carlos ny

el bajista

thanks

Postby el bajista » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:26 pm

hi ,thanks for the input and yes i had tried the template people but the body from a mosrite guitar is a little different than from a bass , so i had to copy my own from pics from the web !! thanks carlos ny

bluther

Postby bluther » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:54 am

Great job on the guitar Carlos :D Hand carving those curves are a lot of work :)Can't wait to see it finished.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”