new transplant from telecaster forum

tele salivas

new transplant from telecaster forum

Postby tele salivas » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Hello every one, I am a long time fender player, but have been developing a very real desire for a mosrite ventures or similar style guitar...I love the sound looks and history of these six string stingers, and I look forward to learning and contributing as much as possible, i Viva Semie ! :)

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Re: new transplant from telecaster forum

Postby KRamone27 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Welcome to the forum. There's plenty of information here to soak up on Mosrites and Mosrite clones as well. If you can't find information on other internet sites you'll find it here.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Hey tele, welcome here! I like your choice for a forum name...reminds me of the man who played the role of Kojak in the TV cop series...always going around with a lollypop stuck in his mouth. ;)

BTW, Fender being my first love, I have secretly always also longed for a blond Telecaster with white pick guard but I'm not a collecter and should remain content with what I have at the moment; 2 Fender Strats, a Hallmark 60 Custom and a '78 Fender Presicion Bass...

I used to own a '62 solidbody Hofner Strat -look-a-like (should never have traded it in!), a MIJ car Jazzmaster (with a bridge issue) and 90's Fender American Standard Strat (I didn't take well to the large frets and didn't really like the "Delta Tone" feature on it) but they have long since found new owners and my son now has my '72/73 Fender Strat, which is a good thing :)

Enjoy the forum!

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Welcome, I am a Tele player too. I like the semi hollow models for their bright sound. Enjoy your stay, You will find all sorts of Mosrite information here if you look for it. There are all sorts of Mosrite guitars out there you may have not heard of, Check out the guitars Semie made in the seventies. He had some good ideas, the Brass Rail being a guitar of particular interest to me. Ah, To play one of those beauties would be the day.
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

tele salivas

Postby tele salivas » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:42 am

Thanks everybody, I look forward to the ride...

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:38 am

Welcome Tele!!!! I am also new to the forum and am Loving it. I love Mosrites but also have always Loved Teles and have a few Killers. Check out Nokie Edwards Tele Playing with the Ventures in the Late 70's/Early 80's. - Billy Crawford , AKA "ThunderHead" http://www.myspace.com/thethunderheads
Click on logo to visit website

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:22 pm

Welcome to the forum Tele. You will find many Fender players here that appreciate Mosrites and have at least one or two in their arsenal. Or, maybe that's vice versa. ;)
Danny Ellison

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Welcome, Tele. I am "Tele"-less right now. Just sold off a Custom shop Tele and a '94 Tele Plus with Lace sensor pups. Still have a couple of Strats - '94 Strat Plus deluxe and a little MIM Squier strat (gonna give to my grandson) - So - we welcome anybody, regardless of what you play - just gotta love those Mosrites, though ...

Dennis
So many guitars; So little time ..

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Welcome Tele ;) ......
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”