Mosrite Bass owners

dubtrub
Administrator

Mosrite Bass owners

Postby dubtrub » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 am

Would someone measure the dimensions of the pickup on your Mosrite Bass? I need the dimension of the pickup ring and a separate measurement of the pickup inside the ring. I do not need the depth of the pickup. So, please just give the measurements form the top side as mounted on the guitar.

Thanks!
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Mosrite Bass owners

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 am

dubtrub wrote:Would someone measure the dimensions of the pickup on your Mosrite Bass? I need the dimension of the pickup ring and a separate measurement of the pickup inside the ring. I do not need the depth of the pickup. So, please just give the measurements form the top side as mounted on the guitar.

Thanks!

Danny,
My Bass is over at our Bass players house so he can try to set his up pretty close to mine,
but, aren't the pickup casings and rings the same ones used on the guitars? I believe the
only difference was the pole pieces were drilled for 4 instead of six screws.......no?
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:38 pm

Some how I get the feeling that there are not very many Mosrite Bass owners on this forum. :lol:

Thanks Dennis. You are probably right. It's been over 40 plus years since I've had a Mosrite Bass in my hands , so I don't remember. :shock:
Danny Ellison

fuzzrite

Postby fuzzrite » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:31 pm

Just measured the pickups on my bass. The actual pickup is 3 inches by 1.5 inches. The ring is 4 inches by 2 inches.

Hope this helps!

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Paul, I like the user name. Do you actually use a FUZZrite with the Bass on certain tunes??

fuzzrite

Postby fuzzrite » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:36 pm

Nah, I use a Brassmaster copy. This thing is the bomb. Being able to dial in a clean signal and fuzz at the same time does wonders for bass!

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:14 pm

Woe!! Of all the copies and clones of FUZZrites I have heard of, I never heard of that one!?!?!? :shock:

fuzzrite

Postby fuzzrite » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:39 pm

It's not a Fuzzrite clone. It was a fuzz made by Maestro in the 70s, intended for bass to emulate a horn section. hahah! Doesn't really work well for guitar. Pretty rare pedal to come by these days. There are new clones out there.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:00 pm

darn! I totally forgot about the Maestro!! I used to have their old Phase Shifter with the 3 different colored rocker panels with that nightmare footswitch that always "caved in" if you selected the Middle speed with your foot! LOL! The metal on those things were too thin. I remember making and inserting small blocks of wood inside the Ft Switch to keep it from caving in, and that fixed the problem. I don't even remember what happened to that thing, I think I traded it off for an old Vox Wah. When I bought it in the mid 80s, I think that thing was already like 10 to 15 years old. It had a nice phasing effect on Slow and Middle speeds, but darn, that thing could hiss like a hungary snake in some clubs with bad wiring. I'm sure you know the type of club(s), where their A/C kicks on.....through your PA! :shock:

paulybass52

Postby paulybass52 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:42 pm

[quote="fuzzrite"]It's not a Fuzzrite clone. It was a fuzz made by Maestro in the 70s, intended for bass to emulate a horn section. hahah! Doesn't really work well for guitar. Pretty rare pedal to come by these days. There are new clones out there.

Image[/quote
Hey Pauly!!----This is Pauly(Walnuts, that is, from VR-4)--How ya doin??! Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the Forum--Us bass players should stick together...One question..I believe you also play a Fender,like myself. I also happen to have a Rick 4003 which both became part of the Witness Protection Program after I purchased my Mo last year ..I was wondering how you found playing the Mosrite bass with the shorter scale compared to the basses you were using previously.. :roll:

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”