creptomania

Postby creptomania » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Hello,

I am a new member. I come to you guys from the offset website as I am building a jazzmaster. I used to own to Mosrite solidbodies, a V88 signed by Semie himself and then also a red Mark V small scale Ventures model, again I sold these years ago, and now I am kicking myself. Anyway, I saw the site and thought I would come join and check out the goings on. Maybe at some point this will get me back into owning a Mosrite, it really was a great sounding guitar (sparkle blue 88, I do have pics of it and will try to post it soon) and the body design always felt so great!

I look forward to networking everyone!

Regards,

Christian

Dennisthe Menace

Re: NEW Member

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Welcome Christian,
You NEVER know when you might be owning another Mosrite, but you need not own one to be with this Community, that is entirely up to you :mrgreen: . But once you get a chance to mosey around the different threads, you will most probably find a great amount of history of the Mosrite Guitar on this Forum. If you can not find a certain 'answer' to a certain 'question' that you might have, there will always be someone here on the Forum to help you...WELCOME ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

creptomania

Postby creptomania » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks...I was just looking for some pics and came across a ricky 4001 and a 66 strat...all sold and I am just wanting to kill myself over it tonight! O well what can you do! Thanks for making me feel welcome!

creptomania

Postby creptomania » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey guys, and gals, this is a quick pic of that 1988 blue sparkle I once owned. I have better pics somewhere of the serial # on the fretboard, and of the back of the guitar, headstock (w/signature from what I remember...) and other close-ups, I just need to find them.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Christian,
Was that little Beaut a Solid Blue, a Sparkle Blueburst, or a Sparkle Blue, they were all great Artwork! ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:36 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:57 am

creptomania wrote:...//... I am building a jazzmaster. I used to own to Mosrite solidbodies, a V88 signed by Semie himself and then also a red Mark V small scale Ventures model, again I sold these years ago, and now I am kicking myself.

Hey Christian, don’t feel too bad, I can’t even say that I owned (or played even) any Mosrite in the past but I have no reason to complain since I’ve just recently bought a Hallmark 60 Custom “Ventures model” at Hallmark Guitars! (recommend them!).
36 years ago I traded my beautiful red imitation crocodile-skin HOFNER Stratocaster in for a Fender and am still kicking myself for that because of the high collector status Hofners have now…and also, it was my first electric! Anyway, that was then and I guess I shouldn’t be looking back. I hope it has survived well all these years and still giving someone a lot of pleasure!

I’m sure we’d all love to see pics of your Jazzmaster too, perhaps as it progresses in your project?! Welcome and enjoy the forum. ;)

Paul

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Hey Paul, I'm sure we all give ourselves a good swift kick each day for making a bad guitar decision.
I certainly have my own but ... I ... can't talk about it.
I just ... can't.
Bill.

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:04 pm

I have one rule when it comes to guitars. Never sell anything. I still have my first electric, that I bought in 1971. ;)

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Welcome, Christian! If you can't find a Mosrite in your price range, consider one of the great clones that you'll find several of us on the forum own. For affordability and quality, take a look at the Hallmarks - love 'em.

GattonFan

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”