R.I.P. Mosrite Forum

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: R.I.P. Mosrite Forum

Postby 101Volts » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:17 pm

I've seen forums that were much less active, TBH.

I do post occasionally, often in the eBay section if something unusual or another Ventures II or MK V shows up for sale. As of late I'm checking for new Mosrite classifieds on eBay, Reverb and sometimes other sites most every single day. It doesn't take long, not many I'm looking for get listed one day to the next.

Also keep in mind that at least as of early 2019 Mosrite just isn't as commonly thought of in the general public (outside Japan) as Fender, Gibson, PRS or even Gretsch and Rickenbacker. Mosrite doesn't have dedicated dealers in over 99% of guitar stores in America (and if I'm not mistaken, none in Europe) so few young people even see them available to play out of curiosity. Even so, there's a good bit of Mosrite info on here that I don't think was posted anywhere else.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Eduardo Aguilu

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:25 am

panther wrote:I'm on here EVERY day, maybe I don't post EVERY day. But I'm here.
It's a Sheltie.
I feel somewhat insulted. You come on the forum, then badmouth it.
Maybe you should go to the OTHER Mosrite Forum.

Dan

No insult was meant for your unmerited and hostile attitude. I wouldn't consider the truth being badmouthed. It was a truthful statement about the overall lack of member interest. You: "I am on this site every day and usually post daily." The facts don't support your statement which was really not necessary. Perhaps if I go to the OTHER Mosrite Forum I'll see more posts by you than here since you know about "the OTHER Mosrite Forum" and I don't. Simply put and, again, no offense, where are your "daily posts". Twice in 2 months plus the current ones are not "post daily". Cut me some slack, YOU are out of line. Now, enough with the squabble and let's get back friendlier days.

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:11 am

It's easy to misread the other fellow. We may think our impression is right when it's not, that's one way how it can get so easy to mishear.

I don't know what exactly happened on page 1 even though I looked at it but I'm trying to help rectify it, no telling what tree I'm barking up but I hope I'm at least in the right neighborhood.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 am

I have posted an average of once every 3.4 days for the past 7 years.
You are out of line by disrespecting our forum. I like it here, and enjoy the great bunch of people I've met. I have never seen anyone come on here with a negative attitude towards us.
My point about the OTHER Mosrite Forum, "I don't think there is one.
I accept your apology on behalf of the forum, and look forward to your future input.
I apologize to all my friends on the forum, but this is unprecedented.
Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Eduardo Aguilu

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:41 am

panther wrote:I have posted an average of once every 3.4 days for the past 7 years.
You are out of line by disrespecting our forum. I like it here, and enjoy the great bunch of people I've met. I have never seen anyone come on here with a negative attitude towards us.
My point about the OTHER Mosrite Forum, "I don't think there is one.
I accept your apology on behalf of the forum, and look forward to your future input.
I apologize to all my friends on the forum, but this is unprecedented.
Dan

Cut the bs. You're trying to make yourself look important. We're all equal here. Your comments about your posting record is not presently supported, you're blowin' your own horn. I didn't apologize to you and you are not the forum's spokeperson, dubtrub is. But you did good by apologizing as your act was immature. And stick to the truth, you misspoke. Enuf said.

Dickey

Postby Dickey » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:30 am

I stop here once in awhile, but don't post that often. Still gigging my '65 white Ventures Mark I, and found a sunburst locally that the owner doesn't wanna sell unless I also buy his bass & 12 string. If I had the $$ I would buy all 3.

eltuce
Top Producer

Postby eltuce » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:08 am

I still check in daily, but yeah, it's been a long time since I posted or reponded to anything. I also noticed some spammy posts over the last week or so.

tom villaflor

Postby tom villaflor » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:17 am

Although not as active as it once was...this longtime member considers it THE Mosrite forum and still tries to visit almost every day and chime in every once in a while on different subjects.Maybe lets all try being part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

tom villaflor

Eduardo Aguilu

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm glad to see positive replies to my threads. Let's see photos of your owned and to be owned instruments. And if you're playing somewhere, post where and when. Photos of already modified or in the works brings us back to see the progress. Offer help when it's asked for and chime in on the unusual instruments that are found on other websites as I've done but ignored by members.

I said "Long live Mosrites" but the forum needs activity. Pitch in.

t-bone

Postby t-bone » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 pm

Let’s not feed this troll. Mosrite Forever. out
Mosrite Forever

Return to “Off Topic”