By Mistake, An Accident Happened-Thank You Randy

Dennisthe Menace

By Mistake, An Accident Happened-Thank You Randy

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:33 am

make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: By Mistake, An Accident Happened-Thank You Randy

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:43 am

Wow, that is really cool. Has anyone ever heard The Guess Who live at the Paramount? There is a wicked American Woman period recording on it.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:54 am

I was a huge fan, growing up. Such a great story.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:31 am

Few things in your life define who you are where you were, what you felt. Assassination of John Kennedy for example, One that sticks out in my mind, and is as clear a photograph. February 3, 1959/ I was 10 years old, always hung out at my neighbors house, because the guys were older and cool.
I was standing on the grass next to my neighbor Bobby's driveway, his buddy was parked in the driveway next to me, in his Buick convertible, Blue white two tone, radio was playing Bee bop songs, the radio station KRLA. The song was interrupted with the news that Buddy Holley, Richie Valens, and J.P. Richards, had been killed earlier that morning in a plane crash. That's where the memory stops. I think my mind stopped, because it couldn't process anymore information at the time. I do recall everyone just walking around in a daze.
The next time I recall anything even remotely that burned into my memory, was 4 years later, November 22, 1963. I was standing at the corner of My Highschools Central Quad area waiting for my Algebra class. When a kid I don't know walked up and told me President Kennedy has been killed. I also remember one kid, saying that it was a good thing. That is where the input shorted out.
Since those two things occurred when I was so young, Nothing has left that mark on me EXCEPT one more time, July, 20, 1969. I think after those 3 events, nothing can surprise me anymore.

Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:25 pm

panther wrote:Few things in your life define who you are where you were, what you felt. Assassination of John Kennedy for example, One that sticks out in my mind, and is as clear a photograph. February 3, 1959/ I was 10 years old, always hung out at my neighbors house, because the guys were older and cool.
I was standing on the grass next to my neighbor Bobby's driveway, his buddy was parked in the driveway next to me, in his Buick convertible, Blue white two tone, radio was playing Bee bop songs, the radio station KRLA. The song was interrupted with the news that Buddy Holley, Richie Valens, and J.P. Richards, had been killed earlier that morning in a plane crash. That's where the memory stops. I think my mind stopped, because it couldn't process anymore information at the time. I do recall everyone just walking around in a daze.
The next time I recall anything even remotely that burned into my memory, was 4 years later, November 22, 1963. I was standing at the corner of My Highschools Central Quad area waiting for my Algebra class. When a kid I don't know walked up and told me President Kennedy has been killed. I also remember one kid, saying that it was a good thing. That is where the input shorted out.
Since those two things occurred when I was so young, Nothing has left that mark on me EXCEPT one more time, July, 20, 1969. I think after those 3 events, nothing can surprise me anymore.

Dan

Interesting.

I think I've only had two, maybe three life altering moments in my time. Being born in 73, all that huge stuff you mentioned pre-dates me.

For me, my earliest "holy crap" moment was probably when Elvis died. I was about 4 maybe? Too young to care, but I remember my mom crying over it. That was enough to burn into my memory banks. Then Reagan got shot. But even that didn't matter to me. I was like 7 years old. John Lennon too. I remember it, but I was too young to know why it mattered.

Things that I do vividly remember that stopped my generation in our tracks were when that Space Shuttle blew up in 86. It mattered to us because we watched it happen live in 7th grade English class. To make it even more significant for us kids, there was a teacher on board. The Berlin Wall coming down was another. The fall of communism. I think us Gen X'ers are the last generation that had a fear of communism in general and the Soviets in particular. Even well into the 80s we had nuke drills in school....like hiding under a desk will stop a wave of molten radiation from melting your face off. What else....not much in the 90s until 9/11. I'm sure we all have vivid "where were you when the towers fell" memories. I think 9/11 is definitely the biggest thing to happen in my relatively uneventful lifetime.

Return to “Music Related”