1964 Mosrite Vibramute from the collection of Bob Shade

rocguitar

1964 Mosrite Vibramute from the collection of Bob Shade

Postby rocguitar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Here are a few pics of my 1964 Mosrite Vibramute that I recently picked up from the vintage guitar collection of Bob Shade, owner of Hallmark Guitars.

After talking with him at length by telephone, I had the privilege and pleasure of spending an afternoon with Bob a few weeks ago, checking out several of his "For Sale" vintage Mosrites. During our time together, I eagerly "picked his brain" about guitars, guitar building, Mosrite guitars, Hallmark Guitars, etc., etc., etc.!
Wow!!!......I have to say that Bob is like a walking encyclopedia when it comes to knowing about guitars, especially vintage Mosrites!

The guitar pictured here is all original, with its beautiful Pearl White finish, meticulously restored to like-new condition by the Master Luthier himself, Bob Shade!
It's an exceptional player, and it sounds and looks absolutely "Mosrite-amazing"!

During my visit, I also had the opportunity to check out one of Bob's Hallmark Model 60 Custom guitars. As a player of over 50 years, as well as an active guitar collector for most of those years, I was really impressed with the Custom 60's super high quality build, its comfortable player-friendly action, its vintage surf- guitar sound, and its overall classic Mosrite vibe! It was quite obvious to me that Bob definitely knows what it takes to build a super guitar and, surprisingly, at a price point that makes it very affordable! For the record......I'm looking forward to soon becoming the owner of my very first Hallmark Guitar!

If you haven't yet checked out one of the Hallmark Guitars, do yourself a favor, and give Bob a call. http://www.hallmarkguitars.com/contact/contact.shtml
He's a great guy to talk to, and he'd be glad to answer any of your questions!

By the way, if you're interested, Bob still has a number of early Vintage Mosrites that he may be willing to part with! Give him a call......you just may find something that will satisfy those never-ending "GAS" issues!!

Happy New Year to all!!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: 1964 Mosrite Vibramute from the collection of Bob Shade

Postby Bob Shade » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:35 am

Hey Ron and welcome to the forum!

Ron is one of the nicest dudes I have ever had the pleasure of having sold a guitar too.

A super enthusiast and great addition to the forum with his 1964 Mosrite super clean Pearl White guitar!

Thanks tons Ron,

Bob

motiersbad
Valued Member

Postby motiersbad » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:44 am

She looks beautiful :)

Hope to have someday a '65 black or blue Mark I , too :) .... and a Ventures II slab body :)

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:14 pm

That beauty looks completely mint. Does it feel like a 'new guitar'?
Congrats!!

rocguitar

Postby rocguitar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:52 pm

ElTwang wrote:That beauty looks completely mint. Does it feel like a 'new guitar'?
Congrats!!

The guitar is really close to "mint", considering it's a half century old. It has only a few discrete imperfections, and it pretty much plays like a "new" guitar, but with that coveted "broken-in" vintage feel! She's really a beautiful guitar.......and definitely a "keeper"!

Thanks again to my buddy, Bob Shade!

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Awesome guitar. Congrats. :D

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

Postby SanchoPansen » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Wow, stunning beauty! This is exactly how I like Mosrites.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”