Johnny Ramones red 1965 ventures mosrite

last

Re: Johnny Ramones red 1965 ventures mosrite

Postby last » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:41 am

t.bags wrote:it was for sale on ebay so i contacted the seller we came to an agreement for much less than i beleive its worth!! my dream came true!!

you sure are lucky! yeah, that would be a dream come true for a lot of us ramones guys. i know that getting any of those johnny guitars is pretty much impossible. if you ever want to sell it (not that you would), i hope (and i'm sure) you'd find a real fan like yourself and not just some collector or something. i have a johnny japanese mosrite i got from guitar punk back in 2000 or so . . . and i think it's the closest i'll come, but i'm glad johnny at least had his hand in it.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:29 am

hey congrats dude!!!!!! I agree, i would put some clear nitro over the signature, then play that guitar like it was the last ramones concert. thats what johnny would have wanted I'm betting ;)

by the way, welcome to the forum, don't be a stranger >:)
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 am

t.bags wrote:it sounds great!! i only played it for a few minutes, no there is no clear coat, dont know if im going to do that since it isnt going to be played.

Good to hear! However, Even if you aren't going to play it I really recommend spraying some clear coat over the signature. It doesn't take much to wear one off. Besides, Clear coat won't hurt the value. It'll only protect it. ;)

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

t.bags

Postby t.bags » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:53 pm

i was wrong about the mosrite ramones model that guitar center has , i spoke to them today the asking price is $250,000!!! the manhattan guitar center has it in there vault.

last

Postby last » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:35 pm

t.bags wrote:i was wrong about the mosrite ramones model that guitar center has , i spoke to them today the asking price is $250,000!!! the manhattan guitar center has it in there vault.

just the model right? not one of johnny's? nobody's buying that.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:28 pm

last wrote:
t.bags wrote:i was wrong about the mosrite ramones model that guitar center has , i spoke to them today the asking price is $250,000!!! the manhattan guitar center has it in there vault.

Real deal.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=635&p=16528

last

Postby last » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:41 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote:
last wrote:

Real deal.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=635&p=16528

ok. that makes more sense, but still, $250,000? who's gonna pay that? Do the guys in Fall Out Boy know who the Ramones are?

t.bags

Postby t.bags » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:33 pm

i talked to them again today now they say its not for sale!! they dont even know whats going on with there own guitars! i guess they have the gold {used to be brown } mosrite allso. they were johnny ramones guitars. i wish they would post some pics of good pics of the 88 ramones model used in "merry christmas" and "i dont want to grow up " videos i would love to get an acurate replica of that guitar !!

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:39 pm

That is the guitar in said videos. As for the gold guitar(formerly brown), they don't have it anymore. A friend that prefers anonymity bought the gold one from Johnny several years ago and, Filmore used it to match the color for their signature model(yes, I have one!). To my knowledge, GC does not own the white guitar, it is simply on display. Back in the late 90's, they had a price of $25K on both the gold one and the custom model. I assume it is still owned by Johnnys widow and is on loan for display only.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”