Ramones Mosrite

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Re: Ramones Mosrite

Postby jnslobaugh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:43 am

HEY ROCCO, I'll see if I can get any of the uncertainties verified by Richie... By The Way, he still likes to know there are huge fans out there... Even though he doesn't want to show it. :)
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:23 pm

I just saw CJ w/ Daniel Rey at the Whiskey and he was playing his Mark II Mosrite bass and he played all Ramones songs...quite well I might add. He played them the same tempo as the 70's (my fave). Also don't know who the drumer was but he was quite good at keeping the Tommy/Marky style the same.

if I had to guess it was CJ's drummer to his bad Bad Chopper. anyone that hasn't heard them give them a listen, they are really quite good. Cj's a much better song writter then the Ramones allowed him to show in my opinion.
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

mosriteguitars

Postby mosriteguitars » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:31 am

I own one of the first made besides john's-I talked to John at the Cannery in Nashville around early 1990 and he showed me the white one that was used in the "Merry Chrstmas" video. I ordered mine right after that (1200.00 believe it or not!) and mine has a slab body, single pickup, one volume knob and no Ramones logo. Johnny's had one p/u, one volume knob, a larger pickguard and rounded edges on the body-no german carve though. John's also had a different stop taipiece-I was going to have the same one on my guitar but it adds about 2 lbs to the guitar so I opted for a stop tailpiece-the wooden/aluminum types that he made. Mine is signed and dated 1991. Semie never made any with a Ramones logo in Jonas Ridge. Also he was handsigning -under the lacquer-all of his guitars from Jonas Ridge due to all the copies so I doubt the blue one at Tyms is actually built by Semie. I know Loretta tried to make a few-I spoke with Rocco several years ago about this so this may be one of those guitars as that was pictured on his site a few years ago-or maybe it was built in booneville after semie died. The real Ramones models have only one pickup and one volume knob and are handsigned. I think there are less than 10. WhenI got mine Semie told me I was the only other person to have one besides John. My serial is 91005. I don't think any two were built exactly alike as I have seen another with a german carve on body with all the same features/color as mine. Mine is finished in a see thru color-semie called it sandwood or blonde-but it is not a yellow blond-more of a beige blond. I picked it up in person in 1991 and Semie and Loretta took me to lunch as well. I will post pics of mine tonight-as well as a link to myspace page which shows my collection. Hope this helps.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:05 am

I will post pics of mine tonight-as well as a link to myspace page which shows my collection.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PLEASE POST PICS ALREADY!!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cheers,
Aaron

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

mosriteguitars

Postby mosriteguitars » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 pm

The sidejack model was made by Semie around 1990. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore-home improvments- but is was dead on-check out the shape of the pickguard and number of screws. The Ramones model and the slab Ventures II are still with me as is he 65 Ventures vibramute. That set neck 63 reisue was probably the finest Semie made instrument I have ever seen-imepccable craftsmanship. The Ramones model was ordered in 1990 and picked up in 1991-also superbly crafted-and is signed and dated by Semie on the back of headstock. The slab VII was acquired from a guy in Canada who contacted me via ebay after seeing my bid on one that went for 3500.00. It had a crappy red refin and headstock logo had been damaged-otherwise it was all original-paid 1500.00 which seemed like alot but where are you going to find one? Was also missing the top half of tremelo and arm. Had it shipped it on 2 pieces so it would not get broken. Sent it to Bob Shade for a good refin-and redo of the logo and Andy Moseley had the missing part for the trem-unbelievable!! Ended up with about 2000.00 in it total. It even plays good and from what I have heard that is an exception not the rule. Enjoy!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=71347436

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:08 am

nice dood, can we get some up close pics now? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Cheers,
Aaron

— Mark Twain

mosriteguitars

Postby mosriteguitars » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:37 am

if you login to myspace with username and p/w you can access all of the pictures-I have several closeups. Enjoy!

Return to “Music Related”