New 2019 Wilson Bros guitars

Johnny-Alien

Re: New 2019 Wilson Bros guitars

Postby Johnny-Alien » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:20 pm

I agree that there are some killer Chinese made guitars out there. With the Hallmarks being Korean with some assembly and setup in the USA I am not sure I see paying a few hundred more just to get the Ventures logo but maybe they will be higher quality.

amoviebuff

Postby amoviebuff » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:13 pm

The two guitars shown in the photo, at least, are now shown on the Wilson Bros website:
http://www.wilsonguitarventures.com/electric.html
They are the "WDR-64 Ventures Model Mosrite Style WH" and the "VMSJ-63 Ventures Model Mosrite Style 3TS". Also listed is a "WDR-64 Ventures Model Mosrite Style 3TS" with "Photo Coming Soon". There is no pricing or other info, and the website seems in need of other updating. Wilson Bros is located just a few miles from me. Although the website doesn't give an address--the impression being that they don't have a public showroom--I'm going to call them next week and ask if I can visit their facility, as an interested potential customer. I will let them know that I am already an owner of USA Mosrite and Hallmark guitars. If I find out anything interesting (and non-confidential), I may be able to pass it along to this forum. QUESTION: are the Wilson Bros already members of this forum? If so, they can speak to it for themselves.
Don
2002 Fender DG-11
1993 Fender Strat Plus
1972 Mosrite Mark I
1968 Mosrite Ventures
1968 Vox Folk Twelve Electric

Gonkulator

Postby Gonkulator » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Hallmark will always have better quality and a better price point than anything Wilson Bros. puts out. If they were the same or cheaper than Hallmark's they'd be worth a try.

Johnny-Alien wrote:I agree that there are some killer Chinese made guitars out there. With the Hallmarks being Korean with some assembly and setup in the USA I am not sure I see paying a few hundred more just to get the Ventures logo but maybe they will be higher quality.

Johnny-Alien

Postby Johnny-Alien » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:51 am

Gonkulator wrote:Hallmark will always have better quality and a better price point than anything Wilson Bros. puts out. If they were the same or cheaper than Hallmark's they'd be worth a try.

The Japanese Wilson Bros guitars were supposed to be extremely high quality. But I have never seen one in person. While I agree with your statement we can only apply that to Wilson Bros guitars we have seen so far not these new models. It seems unlikely that they could be high enough quality to be a few hundred more than a Hallmark.

amoviebuff

Postby amoviebuff » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:31 pm

I spoke with Tim Wilson by phone on March 21. The Mosrite-lookalikes in the photo are "prototypes". They are fully assembled in China. He does not have any in stock at this time, but expects to take deliveries starting fairly soon. I recommended that he post on the Mosrite Forum to get the word out, and he seemed to indicate that he would.
Don
2002 Fender DG-11
1993 Fender Strat Plus
1972 Mosrite Mark I
1968 Mosrite Ventures
1968 Vox Folk Twelve Electric

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”