Eastwood's cloning the Gospel Mark "IV"

Gonkulator

Re: Eastwood's cloning the Gospel Mark "IV"

Postby Gonkulator » Thu May 03, 2018 5:55 am

So after playing this for a week or so I've noticed that the zero fret is the same size as the other frets, so you get a bit of buzzing and not enough string height at the first fret.

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Thu May 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Gonkulator wrote:So after playing this for a week or so I've noticed that the zero fret is the same size as the other frets, so you get a bit of buzzing and not enough string height at the first fret.

Shoot. I guess that's another one of Eastwood's quirks, maybe some of what I'm about to say is old information but they have had a reputation for having issues here and there from the factory. For $600 you'd expect them to get the zero fret right.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Thu May 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Will be posting the new Hallmark Gospel model soon! Ours will have the correct pickups and vibrato and is branded with the official Gospel logo. It also comes in a brown alligator Gospel case all for $999.00

I will post the pics of the prototype very soon. These will be in stock in the next few weeks.

Gonkulator

Postby Gonkulator » Mon May 07, 2018 4:45 am

Yeah they always have had these issues even though they are on the higher end of affordable guitars, which is a shame. They've definitely improved over the years. If I had paid the $600 instead of the $450 I think I would be more upset. I knew I was taking a gamble on it.

101Volts wrote:
Gonkulator wrote:So after playing this for a week or so I've noticed that the zero fret is the same size as the other frets, so you get a bit of buzzing and not enough string height at the first fret.

Shoot. I guess that's another one of Eastwood's quirks, maybe some of what I'm about to say is old information but they have had a reputation for having issues here and there from the factory. For $600 you'd expect them to get the zero fret right.

- Austin

Gonkulator

Postby Gonkulator » Mon May 07, 2018 4:46 am

Can't wait for these Bob! Definitely a better guitar for a great price!

Bob Shade wrote:Will be posting the new Hallmark Gospel model soon! Ours will have the correct pickups and vibrato and is branded with the official Gospel logo. It also comes in a brown alligator Gospel case all for $999.00

I will post the pics of the prototype very soon. These will be in stock in the next few weeks.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”