Japanese made 1990 Mosrite Bass The Ventures model

Eduardo Aguilu

Japanese made 1990 Mosrite Bass The Ventures model

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:28 pm

In my introduction I stated that I was considering buying a Fillmore Mosrite Bass 1965 Reissue from an ebay seller in Japan but the possible import fees made it impossible for me to make the purchase. I told the seller and moved on. I kept window shopping (many windows!) and once again landed at Guitar Center in Dublin, California where they offered a Vintage Mosrite 1990 Ventures Electric Bass Guitar Sunburst with case. It was on sale for $1,099.99. Since I live on the East Coast the cost went up to $1,221 because of s&h & New York State Sales Tax. Guitar Center had only one photo and I studied every inch of it and compared it to similar looking original Mosrites. Even though it's not an original the cloning is decent and I can live with the illusion and I'm sure the sound will be up to par. In the meantime take a look at that one photo with 3 closeups. Whadda ya think?

What a waste! Twice I tried posting photos first using the URL box and then the Img box. Neither one showed the photos and I don't know where to find dubtrub's instructions. You can see it here: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Mosrit ... -Guitar.gc

The photo is not large enough to magnify details but I could swear that the pickup cover says Mosrite while a lot of reissues show a smooth cover. It could be my imagination but I did magnify a photo of an original Mosrite bass and magnified the pickup and it and my bass's show the same image bad as it was.

Anyone?

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”