Mosrite of Classic Mark I

Johnny-Alien

Mosrite of Classic Mark I

Postby Johnny-Alien » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:11 pm

So back in 2003 or 2004 Ed Roman worked with Fillmore on a lower priced Mosrite model. He said that it was Made in Chine but there are no markings as to place of manufacture and it seems that it's an odd blend of some Japanese parts and maybe Chinese stuff. Stock they came with a Bigsby and P-90 style pickups. The body is extremely accurate and just like the Japanese Fillmores. Don't know where the body was made. I recently picked one of these up. It was converted to a traditional Vibramute style trem/bridge (the trem on it was one made by Tym in Australia) and the pickups were swapped for regular Mosrite pickups. The bridge is a vintage Mosrite rewound by Ed Elliot and the neck is a Tym Mosrite pickup. The oddest thing about it is the neck in that it's a 25.5" scale. I noticed right away when placing it next to my Excellent Mosrite. It was larger. The frets are slightly taller than vintage Mosrite frets, the neck is thicker front to back and the volute is beefier. It's a fantastic neck...easily as nice as the other Japanese Mosrites I have played but I can't assume the neck is MIJ as it has so many differences.

The Ed Roman site claims that only about 24 of these were made and one person bought them up and sold them for over $1000 on eBay. I have no idea if that is true BUT there must have been very few made as there is no info on them and I could only find one other person on the web talking about owning one. His was black and has the P-90 pickups but a more traditional Mosrite trem. Anyone here have one? I will post some photos tomorrow.

Johnny-Alien

Re: Mosrite of Classic Mark I

Postby Johnny-Alien » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:38 am

I meant "Century" not Classic but I can't edit the original posting anymore.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Pictures would be awesome!! :D
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Johnny-Alien

Postby Johnny-Alien » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:39 pm

I just got through putting on some new strings. I will have to get some better photos with natural lighting soon.

Scoot

Postby Scoot » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:14 am

Very nice

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”