GPC Guitarpunk guitars

brendanirresponsible

GPC Guitarpunk guitars

Postby brendanirresponsible » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:26 am

Anyone have any thoughts/feedback, or know more about these guitars.

I've got one I'm selling, but haven't been able to find a lot of information about GPC and the prevalence of these guitars.

Any other folks have a GPC guitar?

Here's what I know: GPC Guitars was founded in 1999 by punk legends Flav Giorgini and Mass Giorgini (Squirtgun, Sonic Iguana Studios. They produced numerous small-run lines of guitars, including Ben Weasel’s Weaselrite (Screeching Weasel), Jesse Michael’s signature guitar (Op Ivy), a guitar for Joe King (Queers) and a Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio) signature axe. The company closed in 2004.

And here's my listing if you are interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitarpunk-Delu ... 1945094418?

MarkyKobane
Top Producer

Re: GPC Guitarpunk guitars

Postby MarkyKobane » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:41 pm

I saw your auction before this post. I'm a die hard when it comes to that scene. I had 3 ( blue sparkle, 3 tone, white) of these back when they came out. Great guitars for the price, but when I found Hallmark I sold them to fund the Hallmarks. I still wish I had one for nostalgic reasons. They played and sounded great. Love the rolling nut, but the Headstock and trem is what sold me on the Hallmarks accuracy to the real thing. I even had a real mosrite, but the the way it played wasn't for me. The price on these can range from 400 -1000 if you had the one of 50 weaselrites. I wish I had the funds to pull the trigger on this one, but I'm building a studio and need more preamps in my lunch box.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”