Opinions on Mosrite Avenger models

khai123

Opinions on Mosrite Avenger models

Postby khai123 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:33 pm

So I just bought a late 60's/early 70's Mosrite Avenger in Walnut finish, would've preferred a blue metallic finish, which there's one of on eBay, but it was too oddly and heavily modified. Anyways! This guitar looks to be in really solid condition minus a tiny headstock repair that isn't a weight bearing repair and was done cleanly, looks beautiful really. The look is of pure quality and style, but I just can't seem to find much pure evidence on these, I get traces here and there. Could you genuises help me out as to how pleased I'll be as to vintage Mosrite-y goodness

Thanks!!!
Eyan

khai123

Re: Opinions on Mosrite Avenger models

Postby khai123 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Nobody has any experience with Mosrite Avengers? I just want an idea of quality, differences against a USA Mosrite. Come on guys, someone's gotta be out there

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:31 am

There's been some discussions on these over the years. Maybe these links may be of help. I just typed in Avenger in the search feature and all these posts popped up. :arrow: search.php?keywords=Avenger&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=8&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Danny Ellison

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:36 pm

I have a couple - one from the late 60s and one modern - Love them. The late 60s has a great feel and sound, although the neck doesn't really equate to a Mosrite neck - it is still a great guitar. The modern one is more closely copied from the original Mosrite specs and configuration. Hope this helps!

Dennnis
So many guitars; So little time ..

khai123

Postby khai123 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:32 am

GattonFan wrote:I have a couple - one from the late 60s and one modern - Love them. The late 60s has a great feel and sound, although the neck doesn't really equate to a Mosrite neck - it is still a great guitar. The modern one is more closely copied from the original Mosrite specs and configuration. Hope this helps!

Dennnis

How much thicker are the Avenger necks than a normal USA Mosrite? Some things I see say they're clubby and fat, but some people say they're close to modern Hallmark necks, just slightly thicker and slightly taller frets than a vtg Mosrite. In the end I'll find out when it gets here next Friday, supposedly. Just trying to get some more info. Btw, I looked at literally every post about Avengers here and didn't quite get the answers I was looking for. Also, is it just me or do the body contours of the carve differ slightly from USA carves?

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”