Eastwood Mach II project advice, please!

SeanTheFunky

Eastwood Mach II project advice, please!

Postby SeanTheFunky » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:08 pm

Hey guys

It's been so long since I last posted on this forum, probably years. The truth is that after coming to the realisation I'd not be able to afford a Mosrite or any viable copy when I was younger I kind of forgot about my love for the quirky lil' things. So, after ending up with a Fender Modern Player Mustang (an astounding guitar, btw) I felt content with my rig and didn't even consider another guitar.

So I'm in a charity shop looking for a table for my new flat and low and behold, at the back there's a Ventures II! On closer inspection it turned out to be an Eastwood Mach II, but either way, an oddball guitar like that and I just find one in a charity shop in the West End of Glasgow AND for only £250! So yeah, I tested it to see if it was working and snapped it up immediately!

So, in all honesty I'm not actually a big fan of the Jonny Ramone style of the guitar, I much prefer the original stock stylings and so on. Can any of you guys lend me some knowledge on how to make that possible? Like places to get vintage correct (or close-ish) hardware and so on? I intend to use the Eastwood as a project guitar and really want to get it on par with, in a Mosrite sort of equivalent as my Mustang (which is still by far the superior guitar)

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: Eastwood Mach II project advice, please!

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:23 am

We sell our Hallmark pickups complete with mounting bezel and vibrato tailpieces individually. I can sell you a set of full size pickups for $125.00 and the vibrato unit is available on our Hallmark website. This would go a long way to getting the guitar in a more traditional fashion. Oh, we have knobs I can sell to you as well for $30.00 per set and anything else you may need.

Best reverbs,

Bob Shade/ Hallmark Guitars
240-473-1157

SeanTheFunky

Postby SeanTheFunky » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 am

Seeing as you guys are one of the closest manufacturers to the Ventures II, that might be a shout, Bob.

I'm based in the UK, what would be the shipping costs?

I also need to check under the scratchplate to make sure I can just pop different pickup types in. Also, how much would it cost me to get a new three-ply cream/black/cream scratchplate from you?

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:52 am

Shipping would be $30.00 I have parchment white 3 ply guard which looks kind of aged and nice. They are $35.00 ea.

Best, Bob

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”