help me identify my mosrite?

abio

help me identify my mosrite?

Postby abio » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:59 am

hi everyone! ok i've got this wonderful mkII but i'd like to know more about its origins: fillmore? kurokumo? murakumo? q: 80's? 90's? i bought it from a guy who got it new in the usa in the mid 90's and barely used it since then, and that's about everything i know. serial number is very strange: it says 1 of 2. on the back of the headstock there's just a sticker saying: made in japan. that's it.

anyone keen to help me identify it? any idea or opinion is very welcome! thanks!

sorry for bad bad photo quality

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: help me identify my mosrite?

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:41 am

Kurokumo.

abio

Postby abio » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:24 am

wow, thx! was it some specific detail?

motiersbad
Valued Member

Postby motiersbad » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:01 pm

this are the early Kurokumo Models with the Ventures II Logo. I told you this allready, do you not want to believe me? Later models was without the Ventures II Logo and didn't had the Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio FS-1 pickups installed.

You can identify a Kurokumo by the angled headstock and the little different body shape that is more longer and they have no narrowing on the top where the arm lays off.

Hope that helps,

Best regards,
Phil

abio

Postby abio » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:26 pm

nope phil, it's not that i don't want to believe you, it's just... you never told me it was a kurokumo! :lol:

you did give me some great advice about the bridge, but you never mentioned the factory where the guitar was produced ;) or else i would remember that, and i wouldn't have opened a thread.

anyway, nice to hear! that's some great info! i kinda noticed it looked a bit "off" (used to own a nice johnny ramone signature fillmore, and sold it like six months ago), but i couldn't figure out what was "wrong", so to say :)

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”