Been looking at some sexy Mosrites in Japan!

Hydra19
Valued Member

Been looking at some sexy Mosrites in Japan!

Postby Hydra19 » Mon May 12, 2014 4:50 am

I'd like to buy yet another Mosrite so I have been looking at the reissues and special models they have in Japan.
Part of me wants to go for a Pearl White excellent....but for not much more I've seen limited and prototype Nokie 2005 models.
These are blue sparkle burst, with blue sparkle colored pickups, I've seen "the King of Guitars" across the pickguard on one of them, it was a prototype #002 and sold out in 2 days. I've seen some similar 40th anniversary ones too.
The other one I like is a custom made Kurukomo with a natural finish and a maple neck, with white binding! Looks pretty cool but I've only seen 2 maple necked Mosrites on here, and only one of those was Semie made, an M88.

Did Mosrite and Semie make a number of guitars with a maple fingerboard or where those only custom made?

I believe this is a japanese reissue that Nokie is playing here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66RbzX8hwVI

thanks, I've got the Mo fever and feel like the next one should be quite a looker! Although the ink blue '63 has gotten many a compliment already on looks

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Been looking at some sexy Mosrites in Japan!

Postby dorkrockrecords » Mon May 12, 2014 6:24 am

Not Japanese.

Hydra19
Valued Member

Re: Been looking at some sexy Mosrites in Japan!

Postby Hydra19 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:38 am

yes, I should have known better. That is one the prototypes Semie made in the 1990s like this model -
http://shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34951

I would be getting a reissue, but without the part where there is no german carve....
It seems it would be interesting to play a Mosrite with a maple board, I used to have a 51 reissue telecaster and loved the maple board.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”