Mosrite MG III

goldentrem

Mosrite MG III

Postby goldentrem » Sat May 17, 2008 9:00 pm

Is this a re-issue ?
Looks like a late 60's Yamaha a friend used to own.

http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do? ... DS00353001

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Re: Mosrite MG III

Postby Desert Surfer » Sun May 18, 2008 5:22 am

goldentrem wrote:Is this a re-issue ?

Thanks for sharing, goldentrem. It looks like one of those stange creations made prior to Fillmore registed "Mosrite" name in Japan in early 2000. This guitar was made before that time and had mixtures of different designs; Mosrite, Stratocaster, JM etc..

Interesting, but I am not sure I would want to pay for one. :o

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun May 18, 2008 9:08 am

Desert Surfer wrote:
goldentrem wrote:Is this a re-issue ?

Thanks for sharing, goldentrem. It looks like one of those stange creations made prior to Fillmore registed "Mosrite" name in Japan in early 2000. This guitar was made before that time and had mixtures of different designs; Mosrite, Stratocaster, JM etc..

Interesting, but I am not sure I would want to pay for one. :o

Goldentrem,
DITTO on what Desert Surfer mentioned above. I believe Fillmore was doing some WILD experimenting in early 2000. I myself, HAVE SEEN on E-Bay, a DEAD CLONE of a Stratocaster
with the MOSRITE BADGE on it. There was NOTHING WHATSOEVER to indicate that it was Mosrite other than the Badge.
The one that you posted that's for sale, is a modified, updated copy of a 1966-1968
Yamaha SG-3. Some of the cosmetics have been changed to give it a more up to date look,
but you can see the Strong Resemblance between the 2 guitars..... ;)
Gold Power Sellers
Description:
RARE Vintage 1966 Yamaha SG-3 Electric Guitar

In nice shape Works great. Shows normal wear has some buckle scratches and some dings on the back of the neck There is some hardware corrosion. Missing 4 screws on the pickguard. There are some paint chips on the body.See pics for further details on its condition. 2 of the tuning key pegs are broken. has noticable fretwear. Comes as seen in pictures. So don’t miss out this great deal.
http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/e7/58/1b55_1.JPG
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Tue May 20, 2008 7:57 am

My good friend; Arpsum asked me to share the following info with everyone on forum:

.....For your reference, the Mosrite MG III at that forum, was made by not Fillmore but Kurokumo.

To explain it more in detail, that online shop is running by Music Liner. In Japan, some kinds of broker's company sell the musical equipment to each shop. Although this commersical style becomes old-fashioned in these days, Kurokumo is still controlled by some broker's company. That name is Nippon Dentsu, inc.

As you know Japan Mosrite, ltd. that was substantially Nippon Dentsu, inc. They still provide Kurokumo with the hardware like a pickups and vibrato units and so on. Kurokumo is just in charge of wood works and building. And after the last year's trial, Nippon Dentsu began Music Liner, though their right about Mosrite trademark was denied at the court....

http://music-liner.com/

Arpsum is one of the most knowledgable person of Mosrite (especially Japanese Mosrite) I have known, he is a valuable contributor of this subject. But he feels his language or culture barrier may create some misunderstanding sometimes and is a little reluctant to post more threads. :o

I told him that his English is absolutely fine, everyone on forum understood him perfectly. This forum is not a literature or Shakespear discussion club. We have members from all over the world and that makes this forum so great! :mrgreen:

Arpsum, please share more of your knowledge and information with us. We need you here! :D

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 am

Desert Surfer wrote:Arpsum is one of the most knowledgable person of Mosrite (especially Japanese Mosrite) I have known, he is a valuable contributor of this subject. But he feels his language or culture barrier may create some misunderstanding sometimes and is a little reluctant to post more threads. :o

I told him that his English is absolutely fine, everyone on forum understood him perfectly. This forum is not a literature or Shakespear discussion club. We have members from all over the world and that makes this forum so great! :mrgreen:

Arpsum, please share more of your knowledge and information with us. We need you here! :D

Desert Surfer is absolutely correct.

Arpsum,

This forum is about Mosrite and Mosrite style guitars. However, it is also about developing camaraderie among fellow enthusiasts and exchanging information. Not everyone has the same level of expertise, knowledge or even the ability to express themselves as our members are joining from all over the world. So we all learn from each other here on the forum regardless of language difficulty. Some of us are familiar with you from past years on another forum, and have come to appreciate your knowledge and input in the discussions.
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue May 20, 2008 5:50 pm

dubtrub wrote:
Desert Surfer wrote:Arpsum is one of the most knowledgable person of Mosrite (especially Japanese Mosrite) I have known, he is a valuable contributor of this subject. But he feels his language or culture barrier may create some misunderstanding sometimes and is a little reluctant to post more threads. :o

Desert Surfer is absolutely correct.

Arpsum,

This forum is about Mosrite and Mosrite style guitars. However, it is also about developing camaraderie among fellow enthusiasts and exchanging information. Not everyone has the same level of expertise, knowledge or even the ability to express themselves as our members are joining from all over the world. So we all learn from each other here on the forum regardless of language difficulty. Some of us are familiar with you from past years on another forum, and have come to appreciate your knowledge and input in the discussions.

Danny

Where in the World did Arpsum get that idea?!?!?? I don't recall anyone saying that they couldn't understand him??
As a matter of fact, I remember some of us "burning up" the other Website, Arpsum taking the Lead sometimes..... :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”