Mosrite-guitars.com

Hydra19
Valued Member

Re: Mosrite-guitars.com

Postby Hydra19 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:58 am

Mine was advertised as a 1963 USA reissue, and came with a Certificate in the Hard case, but no mention of Dana so I assume this is not one of the American Standard series.

Finish looks like Poly, color looks amazing, and weight is perfect! The issue I had with this one was the D strings buzzing, gave it more and more relief, until it went away. I have to have the action pretty high on this one, but it still plays easily.

There's some weird creaking, pinging sound with the B strings when the whammy is used, but it doesn't come through the amp. The issue is either with the nut or tuners. Arm was pretty floppy, tightened it, but it would work itself loose in a day or two and was so floppy it would be hitting the tone control. I've messed around it with some and it's playing better now. The pickups sound pretty good, I had a set to put in, but as soon as I plugged it in I knew it sounded like a Mosrite

Arm is relatively stable now, and as long as I don't go crazy with the whammy the B strings won't give me creaking problems. Finally, it is staying in tune. It didn't a week or so ago, but since I jacked up the action, it sounds and plays great. It's staying in tune so much so that I sometimes don't bother to check if it's tuned before jamming along to the Ventures.

I love this guitar!

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”