Can Someone Tell Me What These Things Are?

RightLurker

Can Someone Tell Me What These Things Are?

Postby RightLurker » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi, folks. New member here (I just put a post under "Introductions"). Does anyone know what these are:

http://www.geocities.com/mosrites/

The '63 Royal looks good to me. Are these the guitars mentioned on Ed Roman's site?

Thanks!

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: Can Someone Tell Me What These Things Are?

Postby 101Volts » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:42 am

The pictures are decent enough but the site seems awfully basic. I wouldn't trust my money with this site, They don't even list any information about themselves.
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:59 am

RightLurker wrote:Hi, folks. New member here (I just put a post under "Introductions"). Does anyone know what these are:

http://www.geocities.com/mosrites/

The '63 Royal looks good to me. Are these the guitars mentioned on Ed Roman's site?

Thanks!

These are Excellent (Kurokumo of Japan) models. I have a '63 Deluxe which is same as '63 Royal except the finish method. This website has been there for years but not a valid one. I tried to contact them but no response.

Just in case you don't know. These guitars were made by Japanese maker Kurokumo (or Black Cloud); the biggest competitor of Fillmore. Not available in the US now and I am not sure they are still available in Japan. Kurokumo is very hard to deal with directly from the US as the owners do not speak English and are very slow in replying e-mails (if they reply at all..)

Years back, Ed Roman even went after Excellent Mosrite distributor forbidding him selling Excellent Mosrites and accessories. (Ed Roman was an exclusive importers of Fillmore Mosrites in the US while Fillmore owned Mosrite Trade name in Japan) So the distributor stopped selling these Excellent Mosrite quite a few years ago.

No. Ed Roman only carries Fillmore models. Sometimes, he has some vintage Mosrites for sales. You can also buy Fillmore Mosrites from other store; like Front Porch Music (I have met Artie but I don't work for him, just try to help the fellow member out)

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:03 pm

You've come to the 'rite' place with your question RightLurker, Welcome!

(and I've learned something too from the answers that have already come in ;) )

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”