My fillmore Mosrite MK II Deluxe (Sunburst + Moseley Trem!)

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: My fillmore Mosrite MK II Deluxe (Sunburst + Moseley Trem!)

Postby 101Volts » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:55 am

Sweet guitar! I think these were made around 1995, I saw a picture of a dark green one with the vibrato like yours. The pitch changer really should be called a vibrato, The thing is Leo Fender had "Tremolo" and "Vibrato" mixed up and now we have this confusion going on.

MWaldorf wrote:Hmmm. Just a thought... Oh yeah! :D
(3 Pickup MK II)

I may just build a Mo' styled guitar with room for a middle pickup some day. I don't have the experience yet but soon enough I will :)

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

JohnnySonic
Top Producer

Postby JohnnySonic » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 pm

101Volts wrote:Sweet guitar! I think these were made around 1995, I saw a picture of a dark green one with the vibrato like yours. The pitch changer really should be called a vibrato, The thing is Leo Fender had "Tremolo" and "Vibrato" mixed up and now we have this confusion going on.

MWaldorf wrote:Hmmm. Just a thought... Oh yeah! :D
(3 Pickup MK II)

I may just build a Mo' styled guitar with room for a middle pickup some day. I don't have the experience yet but soon enough I will :)

Austin

Wow... 1995. Cool! Thanks for the info :!: I think I've seen that picture too! But it was a long time ago, and my memory has since faded.

Every little piece of information on this guitar is greatly appreciated as I have zero knowledge on this model, other than the thin factoids in my opening post.

Gotta love those 3 pickup guitars. Like those 80s' Mosrite VIII models. Love 'em. :)
"If you can hear it, you can play it".
- Fred "Sonic" Smith

MOSDAN
Top Producer

Postby MOSDAN » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 pm

Going out of tune easy seems to be a traight of the Fillmore guitars-especially when the tremolo unit is used. Both of my Fillmore guitars go out of tune easily. I don't believe it is the tuners or the string guide as the strings are not binding in the string guide. It appears there is inconsistency in the manufacturing of the bridge and the tail piece. In conversation with Dana she said she has to rheme out the bridge post positions on the bridge very carefully to make the bridge fit to the tail piece when she gets them from Fillmore. I have noticed also the alignment of the spring depressions recesses in the tail piece is not consistant so the springs sit in the tail peice at different angles compared to my other Mosrites. The playability of the Fillmore is excellent as is the duplication of the original design but the going out of tune is very annoying especially for what they cost. I still love mine and play them constantly but I stay away from the tremolo bar.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:39 pm

101Volts wrote:I think these were made around 1995...

Nope, these Fillmores are much more recent than that. Closer to 2005 than 1995. I was living in Japan at the time they first released them, and only a small number were produced.

Adam

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:57 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote:

Nope, these Fillmores are much more recent than that. Closer to 2005 than 1995. I was living in Japan at the time they first released them, and only a small number were produced.

Adam

That page I read must have been wrong. Thanks, Adam.

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

JohnnySonic
Top Producer

Postby JohnnySonic » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:57 pm

MOSDAN wrote:Going out of tune easy seems to be a traight of the Fillmore guitars-especially when the tremolo unit is used. Both of my Fillmore guitars go out of tune easily. I don't believe it is the tuners or the string guide as the strings are not binding in the string guide. It appears there is inconsistency in the manufacturing of the bridge and the tail piece. In conversation with Dana she said she has to rheme out the bridge post positions on the bridge very carefully to make the bridge fit to the tail piece when she gets them from Fillmore. I have noticed also the alignment of the spring depressions recesses in the tail piece is not consistant so the springs sit in the tail peice at different angles compared to my other Mosrites. The playability of the Fillmore is excellent as is the duplication of the original design but the going out of tune is very annoying especially for what they cost. I still love mine and play them constantly but I stay away from the tremolo bar.

Thanks for the info!
Yes. I've heard about people having some tuning problems with Fillmores trem-fitted models. Allthough stupidly enough, the B-string wasn't properly fitted in its' bridge saddle when I wrote about my tuning problem. It got better once it was taken care of. But still, it seems very inconsistent. Sometimes it stays in tune great! Even after some trem-abuse. And sometimes it does not.
No regrets on the purchase though. It's just too cool.
- Fred "Sonic" Smith

JohnnySonic
Top Producer

Postby JohnnySonic » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:05 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote:

Adam

Thanks a lot Adam!
Your brain is of extremely high value to the forums. Filled to the brim with such cool knowledge.
Do you know anything else about this model?

As mentioned earlier. I have almost no knowledge whatsoever about this guitar. And any info is greatly appreciated!
- Fred "Sonic" Smith

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:39 pm

There isn't much to know. Following the success of the Johnny Ramone Signature Model, Fillmore came out with several variations on the theme. Yours was meant to be a more historically accurate version, although they didn't get it quite right with the pickups and trem. A cool guitar nonetheless.

JohnnySonic
Top Producer

Postby JohnnySonic » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:45 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote:There isn't much to know. Following the success of the Johnny Ramone Signature Model, Fillmore came out with several variations on the theme. Yours was meant to be a more historically accurate version, although they didn't get it quite right with the pickups and trem. A cool guitar nonetheless.

I see. Interesting...
I wonder why there was only a small number of guitars produced.
Commercial faliure or limited edition?
- Fred "Sonic" Smith

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:15 am

that really is an awesome guitar. the normal size pickups on it is reminds me of some old travis beams I've seen! awesome guitar.the burst finish is great. if you ever decide to sell it, let me know ;)

...did I mention it was an awesome guitar? :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”