The Mosrite Excellent Club

BRRanger
Top Producer

Re: The Mosrite Excellent Club

Postby BRRanger » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:47 am

I have a black Excellent, I'd post a picture but usually have no luck.
Scott

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:14 pm

BRRanger wrote:I have a black Excellent, I'd post a picture but usually have no luck.
Scott

If you have a photo hosting account, such as www.PhotoBucket.com, it's very easy to post up images.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:57 am

Hi Sarah,
Yes, I have photobucket, I'll try again, but it's hit and miss when I attempt. Probably "operator error"!
Scott

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:11 pm

BRRanger wrote:Hi Sarah,
Yes, I have photobucket, I'll try again, but it's hit and miss when I attempt. Probably "operator error"!
Scott

If you click on the image you want to share you should see this, on the right hand side:

All you have to do is click in the box to the right of "IMG". You should see the word "copied" show for a second. Then, just go to your forum post and use "Control, V" to paste from a a PC or "Command, V" if you're on a Mac. That will paste in the link to the image. You can always click on Preview to make sure it looks like what you want. Note: on some forums I've notice you have to click in the box to the right of "Direct" and copy the link that way.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:43 pm

Thank you Sarah,
I've printed out your instructions and road map, I'll give it a whirl! I've successfully posted photos in the past but probably forgot a step the times I was unable to do so. I'm old, so....
Scott

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:53 am

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s54 ... 77c98f.jpg
Ok, this has been described to me as an "Excellent". However as I recall, the Excellents have "Excellent" embossed in the trem unit. Mine has the "Vibramute" embossed. Please feel free to chime in!
Scott

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:16 am

BRRanger wrote:Ok, this has been described to me as an "Excellent". However as I recall, the Excellents have "Excellent" embossed in the trem unit. Mine has the "Vibramute" embossed. Please feel free to chime in!
Scott

Danny Ellison

Claes van Oldenphatt

Postby Claes van Oldenphatt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:07 am

Vance Directive wrote:OK, I own a gorgeous Kurokumo Excellent in Pearl White. I'd post a picture right now if I could see how...

I'd like to know about how to get an upgraded, perhaps Vibramute tailpiece & bridge because the OEM Excellent tailpiece is a failure. I want a new, better tailpiece which will have the same footprint as the extant one, so replacing it does not mar the guitar face.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Ok Vance - I know you easily fixed that vibrato by burnishing the bearing and nownit works great. Let’s see some pictures!

Claes van Oldenphatt

Postby Claes van Oldenphatt » Sat May 05, 2018 8:28 pm

I dont recall why I made two profiles for this forum but my iPhone only remembers this one. Plum fergot the password.
After watching the video about burnishing the tailpiece bearings the project was a breeze and I haven’t had tuning problems since.
I really enjoy playing this axe with its awesome tone and easy to play neck and body geometry. Recently having purchased a mass attenuator I can also turn my fender amps up to hear the guitar overdrive then without going deaf. Wish I had gotten that thing a long time ago - I’d probably still be playing with folks I alienated by playing too loud.
I recently asked Garrett Immel about his setup on Ghastly Ones records of yore. He said his vintage Ventures model has very hot AlNiCo pickups with some 11k ohm output. He said Kurokumo used ceramic magnets and I measure them in the range of 7 k ohms (just measured with a guitar lead).
I like my tone but don’t have a real vintage Mosrite to compare to it. Anyone here know about the specs of Excellent Ventures guitars from around 2000? That’s when mine was made.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”