Mosrite #6.

mosman
Top Producer

Mosrite #6.

Postby mosman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:07 pm

Today I went into my favourite Sydney guitar shop (GlobalVintage) and walked out with my sixth Mosrite—a pearl white Excellent 65. It's the only place in these parts where you'll ever find Mosrites and they still have a Sunburst non Ventures logo Ex 65 and a CA red model as well. My pearler is a stunning guitar and I'm sure the neck is actually a bit thinner than any of the other 65's I've owned and played. I was also wearing my Forum tshirt at the time and the shop owner wants me to get him one as well so there's a good bit of promotion for the cause.
So anyways I'm deleriously happy while my bank account is bent over double and moaning in pain, but hey you only live once and life ain't a dress rehearsal now is it.
Bill.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Mosrite #6.

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Congratulations! Sounds like a looker - so, when do we see pictures?

Also, what, if any, tonal differences do you find among your Mosrites?
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:42 am

The only really noticeable difference was with my blue Ex 65 which I bought last year. In comparison to my others it seemed a bit louder and fuller. I eventually swapped the bridge PU for a Rio Grande surfmaster thinking it would increase the output even more but I think the original PU had more grunt than the Rio and even the tech who did the swap told me the Mosrite PU was hotter than the Rio.
Can't work that one out.
Bill.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 am

A Pearl White one eh?! Good on ya! Congrats Bill ;)

Did the man give you any discount for wearing your Mostiteforum-dot-com clothing?... :mrgreen:

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:18 am

As I've bought stuff from him before and I'm always hanging out there, I got it for $1250 down from $1550, so I paid roughly $1037 US.
One thing though, this is the third one I've played which suffers from wonky rollers in the bridge which results in dead/buzzing open strings. I think the manufacturers really need to check this out.
I still love it but.
Bill.

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 am

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo21 ... G_0322.jpg

Here's a shot of new aquisition.
Bill.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:45 am

Nice!

Your'e now one of the priviledged few having a red, white and blue Mo' in the family! ;)

Enjoy Bill

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:54 am

mosman wrote:One thing though, this is the third one I've played which suffers from wonky rollers in the bridge which results in dead/buzzing open strings. I think the manufacturers really need to check this out.
I still love it but.
Bill.

You might check to see if possibly it is the string post that holds the roller as being the culprit. I had problems with an Excellent bridge and fixed it accordingly. Here's the link where I describe the cure. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=213
Danny Ellison

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:25 am

Congrats on the new Excellent. How does it sound compared to your other Mark 1 types?

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:30 pm

dubtrub wrote:You might check to see if possibly it is the string post that holds the roller as being the culprit. I had problems with an Excellent bridge and fixed it accordingly. Here's the link where I describe the cure. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=213

That's what I meant when I described the problem and I knew there was a remedy somewhere on the forum so thanks for making it easy for me to find. I don't know why they don't sit flat—everything else on these guitars is so darn perfect.
Oh well it's a small distraction I suppose and worth the effort to fix.
Bill.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”