Mosrite #6.

goldentrem

Re: Mosrite #6.

Postby goldentrem » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Well done Bill!
I've been looking at those 3 at Global Vintage for a while, glad the pearl white has gone to a good
home.

"In comparison to my others it seemed a bit louder and fuller. I eventually swapped the bridge PU for a Rio Grande surfmaster thinking it would increase the output even more but I think the original PU had more grunt than the Rio and even the tech who did the swap told me the Mosrite PU was hotter than the Rio."

On the advice of some of the guys on the forum i had 500k pots put in to replace the stock ones and this did the job on my Excellent.

MOSDAN
Top Producer

Postby MOSDAN » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Congrats on the buy!! I love the Excellent that I have and play it often. The wife even said she likes the sound of the Ventures songs I play when using it. Fortunately I have not had any bridge problems with my Excellent. Just as some suggestions though, make sure the bridge posts are aligned so the wheels align perfectly with the strings and make sure they turn without binding. If they are not perfectly aligned the strings will buzz and in the worst cases can dull the vibrations. Bridge to post rattling can be fixed using the fix earlier mentioned.

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:09 am

Well I fixed the roller post problem using the paper shim method but the odd thing was that as I fixed the wobbly one the one next to it came loose. This continued with each one until I ended up having to fix them all.
Anyways they're all nice and tight now and sound like they're supposed to.
I love this guitar.
Bill.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:30 pm

that has always been one of the few problemic issues of mosrites through out the years. For me I was able to fix the majority of the problems by tighting up the post as hard as I can. the downfall to this is they must be loosen again the reset the intonation. does anyone know if hallmark solved this issue on their bridges?
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:02 pm

oipunkguy wrote: does anyone know if hallmark solved this issue on their bridges?

The current Hallmark bridges have locking screws from the bottom side of the bridge plate. Years ago Hallmark had the standard non locking bridge posts but I don't know if Bob ever used them on the Custom 60s.
Danny Ellison

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:34 pm

oipunkguy wrote:that has always been one of the few problemic issues of mosrites through out the years. For me I was able to fix the majority of the problems by tighting up the post as hard as I can. the downfall to this is they must be loosen again the reset the intonation. does anyone know if hallmark solved this issue on their bridges?
I'm not aware of any issues on my Hallmark 60 Custom's bridge. I'm amazed at it's quality.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Hello Bill! Congrats on the Mosrite. Here at Hallmark I have re-designed the classic roller bridge for better sustain, performance, and no buzzing. You would get both more benefits out of your guitar with the Hallmark bridge and you will never have to put paper in or worry about rattles down the road. For anyone who is in need of one you are able to order them on our website www.hallmarkguitars.com Just go to the parts link.

Best reverbs, Bob Shade

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Does anyone know why the picture of my guitar turned out so tiny when all the others I've posted were fine? I've been trying to post a pic of me in my forum tshirt but it comes out small as well.
As far as I can tell I'm following the same procedure as I did with my other pics.
Bill.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:37 pm

mosman wrote:Does anyone know why the picture of my guitar turned out so tiny when all the others I've posted were fine? I've been trying to post a pic of me in my forum tshirt but it comes out small as well.
As far as I can tell I'm following the same procedure as I did with my other pics.
Bill.

I just checked the properties in your photograph. Apparently you didn't select the proper option in the drop down menu in Photobucket. Go back to your photobucket account and put the cursor on the picture and a drop down menu will appear. Select the option that starts and ends with [IMG]. Copy and past that highlighted link to this forum. If it doesn't have [IMG] no photo will appear but only a link. However, if the picture is small in photobucket it will be small here.
Danny Ellison

rynaro
Top Producer

Postby rynaro » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:31 pm

GREAT Buy!!
when in sydney i will have to visit that store :-)
-R
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”