Breaking News: Mosrite Lawsuit.........

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Breaking News: Mosrite Lawsuit.........

Postby dubtrub » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:57 am

It's too bad they all (Loretta and Dana) can't work together to continue to produce Mosrite guitars. This will be the beginning of the end of Mosrite. Again!
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:16 am

dubtrub wrote:It's too bad they all (Loretta and Dana) can't work together to continue to produce Mosrite guitars. This will be the beginning of the end of Mosrite. Again!

And Andy...

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:53 am

gplayer wrote:Yowsa, yowsa, yowsa....I wonder where Dana and Artie fit in to this drama? :?

ETA..also, if Loretta wins this, I wonder if she'll go after Hallmark (Bob Shade) for intellectual infringement, also? This should get very interesting.

I know nothing...nothing...
Artie

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Veenture wrote:Loretta Moseley QUOTE: [i]Genuine Mosrite guitars have the signature of Semie Moseley on them. Therefore, one of the easiest ways to distinguish counterfeits is by looking at whether or not it has the signature.

Is this true? Where would I see a Semie Moseley signature on my 1966 Celbrity? Did he truly sign them all, or is that a figure of speech?
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Sarah93003 wrote:
Veenture wrote:Loretta Moseley QUOTE: [i]Genuine Mosrite guitars have the signature of Semie Moseley on them. Therefore, one of the easiest ways to distinguish counterfeits is by looking at whether or not it has the signature.

Is this true? Where would I see a Semie Moseley signature on my 1966 Celbrity? Did he truly sign them all, or is that a figure of speech?

Semie did sign a bunch of guitars, but only consistently throughout the '80s. What Loretta is referring to is that the SwingScience Mosrites she is shilling for have Semie's signature silk screened across the headstock - and therefore they are the only "genuine" Mosrites.

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:50 pm

dubtrub wrote:It's too bad they all (Loretta and Dana) can't work together to continue to produce Mosrite guitars. This will be the beginning of the end of Mosrite. Again!

Well said.

This will be interesting and quite stressful at the same time.

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:40 am

Something in this mind is truly bewildered by what looks like silliness...there can't be THAT much finacial promise in 'exclusive' holding of the 'true-pedigreed-real-legitimate line of descent' Mosrite name.

Where is Roman in this, now?

After all, Mosrite is (excuse if this opinion is offensive) kind of sort of a cult guitar, unlikely to be even as widely distributed / played as (newcomer) Taylor...but then Bob maintains an apparently iron grip on the master controls and wildly progressive attitude (do not own a T, BTW).

Perhaps the most realistic tribute to Semie...and certainly one to make him chuckle in the next realm...is how many people 'sincerely' want to be his legitimate (and in other instances, clearly illegitimate)...'descendant.'

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:47 am

I have mixed feelings about all this. I know there's a lot of MIJ mosrite lovers out there, but I thought that the ones I've played didn't do the mosrite name justice, however something is better then nothing.
I'm kinda glad she's going after Ed Roman, but Loretta can't get her act together in getting any mosrites made. If you like Ed or not, at least he offered a product.

And what's the issues between Loretta and Dana? this is the first I'm hearing this.

I think what this all boils down to, is less mosrites available (copies or however you want to look at it) for everyone. And that just sucks......

there's no other way to put it. :(
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 am

I think what this all boils down to, is less mosrites available (copies or however you want to look at it) for everyone. And that just sucks......

there's no other way to put it.

Even though I don't own a Mosrite guitar, yet
I do own a Mosrite Amp.

I would have have to agree with "oipunkguy" that this just SUCKS!

I would like to believe that this Forum truly stands for Semi's beliefs of Family and Friends,
and there is no doubt that his Motto Still Rings True....

MOSRITE FOREVER
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

rynaro
Top Producer

Postby rynaro » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 pm

I do love the Japanese guitar manufactures ... they are "sooo close" to the real thing that they are copying that not many other countries have got right.
I have played some great usa guitars and i have played some almost identical japanese copies for a fraction of the cost.
I heard that fender started fender japan because their strat's were closer to the real thing than fender were doing in the USA in the 70's/80's.
All in All a (total) hand made guitar will be 50times more "mojo" and a mass produced cookie cutter guitar.
I love playing my Tym guitars more than anyt others because of their "mojo"

I say there is Room for both... fender & fender japan & fender mexico & squire...
why can't there be Mosrite (custom in the USA) & Mosrite Japan (cookie cutter guitars)

thats my 2cents
-R
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”