talking about "clones"....

boyecho

Re: talking about "clones"....

Postby boyecho » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:12 pm

GattonFan wrote:Thanks, Danny ... I may in the future send these out to Eddy for rework - they're just not very "beefy" - kind of thin-sounding.

darn. i actually rather liked the pickups. at least the neck. i never bothered much with the bridge. they're hotter than the rest of my guitars.

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Oh, don't be offended ... the guitar is good, and I like it, but I think whoever the manufacturer was didn't quite make the mark in some of the details in comparison to some of the others I have. Still, overall, a nice guitar.
So many guitars; So little time ..

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:16 pm

I used to have an Excellent and it was a very nice guitar. While the pickups weren't as hot as my '66, they were in the right ball park tonally, and I didn't have any issues with the quality of the electronics or the hardware. The feel was very similar to the '66 with the exception of the speed frets on the vintage guitar. I'd say it's as nice a guitar as the Ranger I played down at Arties. The Dana Moseley built one was a significant step up; that was one of those guitars that just felt "right" to me.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Chemo
Top Producer

Postby Chemo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:04 am

ElTwang wrote:Well guys, as far as I've learned Mosrite Excellent are made by Kurokomo ;)

Oh I see now, they are the same thing... is Kurokomo Black Cloud in english?

I've tried a couple of Excellents; a music store used to import them in Finland a couple of years ago. Don't get me wrong - they definitely are not bad guitars. And for the price (something like 798 euros, if I remember this right) they were well worth the money.
This concludes my report from outer space. Now, back to studio!

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:18 am

Chemo wrote:
ElTwang wrote:Well guys, as far as I've learned Mosrite Excellent are made by Kurokomo ;)

Oh I see now, they are the same thing... is Kurokomo Black Cloud in english?

Kuro = Black
Kumo = Cloud

rynaro
Top Producer

Postby rynaro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:11 pm

I played some fillmore rangers, black clouds and hallmarks and found the ranger felt good but too expensive since i couldn't get a second hand one, the hallmark straddette & sweptwing felt good to play but too pricey for me sorry.
and the excellent felt & priced perfect for me.

I say play it... if you like it and it inspires you to play more... and the price is right ... thats all that matters!
everyone has there own opinions and the hard part is getting your hands on the guitars to play.
-R

[note] you can change the pickups easy if you don't like them but it is toooo "hard" to change the neck

thats my 2cents
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

brunob

Postby brunob » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:25 am

the "only" problem to do the right choice:
there are no"clones" where I live( a little town in northern Italy,)only 3 little shops selling only Sqier and standard stratocaster,they don't order nothing they don't know,so almost every others guitars are "unknown objects",Mosrites are U:F:O here .
Bruno...I'll have a white guitar....at last! :twisted:

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”