Are they worth the money?

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Are they worth the money?

Postby dorkrockrecords » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:48 pm

EFElliott wrote:Hey Adam,

On one of your trips Japan, Have you been by Basswood 65??
Speaking of "Are they worth the money" I was checking out there
web-site, there list price on Loretta's 63 side-jack was 990,000 Yen
I think that's just a pinch over $10,000.00 bucks US, I was wondering
what they looked like up close?

Ed

Unfortunately, no. In my three years in Japan I rarely left Tokyo (and that shop's on the other side of the country). Just a little while ago a forum member was asking about shops in Kyoto/Osaka. I wonder if he will have anything to report...

Adam

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: Are they worth the money?

Postby Veenture » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:49 am

dorkrockrecords wrote:Well, KRamone27, I think there is a problematic ideology at work. Mosrite - as the grand institution we are all at this forum to celebrate - no longer exists. And since the Japanese court ruling, all things Mosrite are analogous to the Wild West. In short, Loretta is nothing more than Semie's widow, and Swing Science does nothing for Mosrite because there is no "Mosrite" in the way you perceive it. There are several companies (and have been for a while now) vying for a piece of the Mosrite market; some have historical ties, some have fabricated ties, but all strive for the appearance of authenticity. What better way to authenticate your operation than having a Moseley on the payroll?

From what I understand, Dana assembles a small number of guitars a month. Some stay in the States, some are shipped to Japan. But there are several sources for Fillmore guitars, and Dana is not the only one in California (as stated earlier).

The sooner you embrace your confusion, the sooner you will be on the road to recovery.

I am always amazed at dorkrockrecords' knowledge and insights – great stuff Adam ;). I like rynaro's equation of guitar happiness a lot (i.e. the "feel" playability and sound is what matters and not what it says on the headstock) :P

This forum has many more such ‘valuables’ as we know but the sad thing is, they tend to get lost, forgotten or hard to dig up again sometimes (I'm guilty here :oops: ) when we do recall something noteworthy we’ve read in the past….
I think that contributions like Adam’s here deserve to have a special place on the forum for easy access reference purposes, like having a “sticky” or something perhaps, where we may also find other gems after they’ve been gathered from the threads perhaps to be put in one basket; “MOSRITE FACTS and INSIGHTS” for instance? :roll:

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”