Mosrite shops in tokyo??

arpsum

Re: Mosrite shops in tokyo??

Postby arpsum » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi Ryan, do you play with your new guitar every day? I also enjoyed myself the Mosrite hunting tour.

rynaro
Top Producer

Postby rynaro » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Veenture wrote:
rynaro wrote:Interesting note about a few guitars in the pics. below the m88 is a 63 copy it has a sunburst body and a brownburst neck&head.
...copies even made in the tradition perhaps of "the Moseley method" ...(i.e. "use what we have") ;)

interesting... makes sense.

Veenture wrote:Mosrite fever is definitely on the rise now.... :?
WOW, ...nice pics to drool over! CONGRATS Rynaro, what a SUPER COOL pearl white Mo' you have there! How does the Mosrite neck fit you? Here in Holland I have that disadvantage of not being able to try one out and I'm always kinda afraid of buying a Mosrite without knowning about it's playability (neck-wise)...for little ol' me...I've never had the opportunity of holding a Mosrite, let alone play one :( BTW, talking of "loud colours"...what d'ya think guys of that "poison-green" model hangin' on the wall there... :shock:

No 'neck problem' with the Hallmark 60 Custom I have though ;)

Thanks for sharing and have a safe journey home
Paul

Oh i have the fever!!!
The neck is great, it feels the same as the new ones. I played a hallmark stradette and sweptwing in another store and felt they were great necks but a little wider and a little thicker.
I have played a mosrite 70's avenger @ tyms and they feel like the hallmark necks. if i was after a new guitar again ... the stradette is in my mind :-)
The green one is VERY LOUD!!! i loved seeing it but could never buy it.

arpsum wrote:Hi Ryan, do you play with your new guitar every day? I also enjoyed myself the Mosrite hunting tour.

I had a great time too.
Yes i have been playing it every night when i have got back to the hotel, until this morning i took off the strings, wrapped it in bubble-wrap and stuffed clothes in the mosrite case and locked it up.
I am off to the airport in half an hour.
I had a great time here in tokyo and wish i had more time and money to buy guitars.
I have found the food great, people friendly and helpful, and cheaper than what i thought in day-day stuff (food, transport etc)
and the public transport here is awesome!!
I have just packed my vintage mosrite book to look at on the plane.
Arigato and Sayonara to Tokyo
-R
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:01 pm

ryano, Have a safe flight home and we'll await your further report.

Arpsum, thank you for being the host you were to ryano and please feel free to participate more on this forum. We love to have involvement from all over the world.
Danny Ellison

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:34 pm

arpsum is the consummate host. i spent two solid days with him when i was back in tokyo in february, and it was the highlight of my trip. even though it's months after the fact, this seems like as good a time as any to restate my gratitude. thank you.

adam

ps happy trails, rynaro.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:35 pm

dubtrub wrote:ryano, Have a safe flight home and we'll await your further report.

Arpsum, thank you for being the host you were to ryano and please feel free to participate more on this forum. We love to have involvement from all over the world.

DITTO!
Thank You Arpsum ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”