Fillmore Mosrites @ Front Porch

brutus
Top Producer

Re: Fillmore Mosrites @ Front Porch

Postby brutus » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:22 pm

I hear ya jtr654 I think I should try out a Hallmark if Iget the chance, who knows? I could be converted

LOSTVENTURE
Valued Member

Postby LOSTVENTURE » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:01 pm

I can understand all of the "label" guys looking for "Mosrite" just like Tele guys looking for "Fender". The difference here is that the Hallmark doesn't say "Mosrite" until you plug it in, or open the case. If you haven't personally experienced the H60C (Paul's now considered official designation) then you can't possibly compare. Incidentally, the only difference in the pick-ups is that Hallmark offers a potted version, which means that you can stand in front of your Dual Showman and enjoy the sound with everybody else with out worrying about feedback. Contact Mr. Shade for options that he offers. I have found out, via the internet, that there are actually quite a few pick-up builders supplying the Japanese Mosrite market. That would seem to make an outright comparison very tricky. Again, if you are happy with what you played or purchased, then enjoy it.
I'm not about to put down a guitar that I haven't played. If Artie's stuff keeps you happy then go for it.
I might also mention that as a player of almost 50 years experience, that the sticker on the headstock is nothing more than a decal. If you fall in love with the instrument does that decal really matter to you.
Don

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:44 pm

This thread has been hijacked into a Hallmark vs. Arties Mosrites. I don't seem to recall anyone on the Hallmark thread promoting Arties Mosrites. I think it's about time to get back on track. Please start another thread if you want a comparison discussion.
Danny Ellison

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:48 pm

I agree with Danny - I only wish that Front Porch had more user-friendly and accessible site for actually looking at Artie's stock (hint, hint). Don't know if anyone's working on it, or not.

Dennis
So many guitars; So little time ..

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:19 pm

Back to Front Porch, perhaps Artie can give us a brief run down on the different model lines? While in the shop I had the chance to play the Ranger and the Dana-built ones, which I liked and loved, respectively. Any chance you can tell us what you've got in stock, and what you can get on order?
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

last

Postby last » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:02 am

yes, what they said. i'm sure alot of people on this board would like to know what all models Artie carries or can get in (and what colors for each) and more specifically, what the major differences/features of the models are. or a brief description of each like MWaldorf suggested. i know this would certainly help me in my quest and although some of this information has been posted in various places around here, it would be nice to be able to look at all of it in one place.

i also think it would be cool to have a thread comparing EVERY version of Mosrite out there: vintage, Fillmore, Black Cloud, Hallmark, etc. not just the Hallmark vs. Fillmore. i know i enjoy learning about all the different versions and i'm sure there are plenty out there trying to figure out what money to spend on what instrument. an all inclusive thread would be wonderful. websites where to buy the instruments, people giving their opinions, price points, and on and on.

sorry about that, but figured this would be a good place to post that last bit, since it seemed to be getting out of hand in here. NOW BACK TO ARTIE'S FILLMORES!

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:44 am

Here's the Fillmore web site that depicts what Fillmore has avaiable. If you find something on their website that you are intersted, give Artie a call and have him order it for you.

:arrow: Fillmore Mosrite
Danny Ellison

last

Postby last » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:44 pm

I just ordered an ink blue '65 reissue. Can't wait to test this baby out and add her to my arsenal. Thanks Artie!

juan_10
Valued Member

Postby juan_10 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:58 am

Good to read that you got the blue one you were looking for .. the colour looks really nice ... sometimes it's almost black. :-)

Spankin Allison

Postby Spankin Allison » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Hello!
I would like to know if front porch has the 3 lines of mosrite USA,California and Classics?
Plus it is possible to buy a mosrite for 2000$?
Thanks
Frank :)
P.s:I'm a french canadian so my english is not that good...sorry :P

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”