Awesome Mosrite amp!

zarfnober
Top Producer

Awesome Mosrite amp!

Postby zarfnober » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:40 pm

Sorry I can't get a photo yet but, I finally plugged my Ventures II into a REAL Mosrite amp today. Funny thing is, this one was made by Marshall in 1968 and said Super Bass 100 on the back, removed 2 tubes, changed output and plugged it into a cab with 2 green beret speakers and proceeded to turn it UP! If you've never done this, you must try it. No wonder Johnny Ramone sounded so good. Seriously, this guitar has never sounded good thru any amp, Johnny really hit the nail on the head with this combo. Keep in mind, he used to use 2 Super lead 100's wired in series into a full stack, turned to 10, in a bar! At lower volume it still sounds like a tinny, cheap guitar! Also plugged my Ventures into it, awesome tone. Wish I could keep this amp.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Re: Awesome Mosrite amp!

Postby jnslobaugh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:52 am

Sorry I can't get a photo yet but, I finally plugged my Ventures II into a REAL Mosrite amp today. Funny thing is, this one was made by Marshall in 1968 and said Super Bass 100 on the back, removed 2 tubes, changed output and plugged it into a cab with 2 green beret speakers and proceeded to turn it UP! If

Rocco, I've gotta ask since no one else has... Whose amp was this? Were you doing some work on it? And of course I've been diying to see some pics. I've heard of the Mosrite/Marshall but as are most of the MOSRITE Amps, they seem to be as mythical as ZEUS or APOLLO.
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”