Mosrite Amps MIJ

dubtrub
Administrator

Mosrite Amps MIJ

Postby dubtrub » Tue May 27, 2008 6:18 pm

Well, it would appear that I wasn't too far off base on the other thread when I said there had been Mosrite Amps made in Japan. Here is aJapanese made Mosrite Amp listed on the 'translated' Fillmore Japan website. Mosrite Award 55 Amp

I want one. :lol:

Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Mosrite Amps MIJ

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue May 27, 2008 7:25 pm

WoW!!! Those are cool looking!!! I would like to have one in my studio just for the sake of having a Mosrite Amp. But with this Amp, I know it won't have any problems like the original American Model did back in the 60s..... :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed May 28, 2008 11:00 am

I sent an email to Fillmore Japan, asking about a price including shipping to USA, but haven't heard back from them yet. I think the price is something like $379 before shipping, which would probably another hundred bucks. I wish I could learn more about his amp, such as speaker size, and power out put rating and overall dimensions.
Danny Ellison

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Wed May 28, 2008 12:16 pm

All I could glean was the "Award 55" is 15 watts. If its a solid state, that would be fine for a bedroom small studio, if it's tube, it's gig-able.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu May 29, 2008 7:06 pm

Strat-o-rama wrote:All I could glean was the "Award 55" is 15 watts. If its a solid state, that would be fine for a bedroom small studio, if it's tube, it's gig-able.

Yeah, that's fine, I'm just looking for a little practice amp in the studio. However, you probably could run a line out of the Headphone Jack and go straight into a Console Board (P.A. power or non-power) to create some interesting sounds, I would think....

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 pm

A 15 watt solid state amp would only be fun for the novelty of having a look-a-like Mosrite amp, but not to the tune of $400 to $500 US dollars. I sent Fillmore and email three days ago via the section where it states in English, but I never heard anything back from them. Great way to run a business. :evil:
Danny Ellison

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri May 30, 2008 7:07 am

dubtrub wrote:A 15 watt solid state amp would only be fun for the novelty of having a look-a-like Mosrite amp, but not to the tune of $400 to $500 US dollars. I sent Fillmore and email three days ago via the section where it states in English, but I never heard anything back from them. Great way to run a business. :evil:

Danny

OMG! Those amps are going for $400-$500?!?!?!?!?

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

Just for everyone's information, Fillmore never responded to my email. So,,,,,, don't waste your time trying to acquire one of these amps. Apparently 'they' will not sell outside Japan, or, they will not respond to a simple email.

Is there any 'guest' from Japan out there in cyber space that visit this forum who can assist me in acquiring one of these amps? Please advise here on the forum or contact me via PM.
Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”