Mosrite NU-FUZZ. What's this??

ElTwang
Top Producer

Mosrite NU-FUZZ. What's this??

Postby ElTwang » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:33 am

http://vintageandrare.com/product.php?tmpPid=3040

Never seen or heard about it before. What's the story?

zak

Re: Mosrite NU-FUZZ. What's this??

Postby zak » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:01 am

That's a ROSAC fuzz. Fuzzrite guts in a different box. They also sold a Fuzz-Wah pedal designed by Ed Sanner which had a Fuzzrite circuit in it.

There's a bunch of photos HERE.

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:18 am

Ok Zak. They got a license from Mosrite to do those?

mosriteforever

Postby mosriteforever » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I thought I'd chime in late on this topic as I have a couple of Fuzzrites and Nu Fuzzes. They are the same guts as the Fuzzrite with the encapsulated silicon transistors. Ed Sanner worked for Rosac after Mosrite went under. There is also one by Sierra electronics who made the encapsulated circuit for Mosrite. It is a great way to get a Fuzzrite for less. There is one important difference that I think makes the Nu Fuzz better. Rather than Fuzz and Volume like the Mosrite, Nu Fuzz has Fuzz and Tone. This makes a world of difference and allows you to get even more usable tones than the Mosrite ones.

Just my opinion of course,

Mosriteforever!!!

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:45 pm

One my early jobs was sanding those Rosac fuzz cans on a big belt sander,then giving them a thick coat of clear,or transparent color,
If you see any wierd colors of those pedals(lika aqua or light green) , I likely worked on that one!
It was a pleasure working there with Mary Osborne (an early gretsch endorser and jazz guitarist) who was married to Ralph Scafiddi.the jazz trumpet guy that basically ran Rosac.

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:42 am

So Rosac were based in Bakersfield? I never knew that.

Regarding the Fuzzrite circuit with a tone in it....Garrett, the guy from the Ghastly Ones who we have mentioned on this forum before, has made BY FAR the best Fuzzrite clone...called the "D67 Fuzzmite," it's essentially the exact Fuzzrite circuit with an extra "Mass" control, which basically lets you dial in some BALLS to the tone, and makes it very usable in a live situation.

They only made a batch of 50 of them, only a few left here--I HIGHLY recommend them--

http://primitivesound.net/store/index.p ... d55044ce9c

When they're sold out, don't say I didn't tell ya! These things are by far the best Fuzzrite sounding fuzz ever made, so if you like that sort of thing....better hop on it.

Deke

handbrake
Top Producer

Postby handbrake » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:37 pm

I placed an order today with Primitive for what I'm told was the last of the Fuzzmites. Also told that no further pedals from Garrett will be manufactured under the Fuzzmite name due to an infringement concern. No ETA on the next edition.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:03 pm

bakeoboy wrote:One my early jobs was sanding those Rosac fuzz cans on a big belt sander,then giving them a thick coat of clear,or transparent color,
If you see any wierd colors of those pedals(lika aqua or light green) , I likely worked on that one!
It was a pleasure working there with Mary Osborne (an early gretsch endorser and jazz guitarist) who was married to Ralph Scafiddi.the jazz trumpet guy that basically ran Rosac.

Hey Artie, like this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/1969-Sierra-Nu-Fuzz ... tsupported

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:07 am

Yea ! Thats probebly one I sanded and painted.way back when...

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”