Fuzzrite in amps...

Nokie
Top Producer

Re: Fuzzrite in amps...

Postby Nokie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Brinkman wrote:
Sooooooo......... who's gonna go look inside their amp?

I, like Mel, appreciate this wealth of new info on coded pre-sorted transistors that live within likely ranges of gain. Is it a compelling enough reason for a C- electronics novice like me to take one of those babies apart? I'm afraid not. Checking to see if an amp has its original D-130's is about the best I'm good fer. I'll have to defer to other Award amp owners.

-Marty

Brinkman

Re: Fuzzrite in amps...

Postby Brinkman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:23 pm

It looks like a fellow forum member had no luck selling his Award amp on epay. Apparently his Fuzzrite circuit requires fixing. Oh, the horrible irony.

At any rate, until someone musters the fortitude to remove a few screws from their Award amplifer and get a better look at some of the fuzzrite components for us, I don't think there's really much more that I can sleuth about the Award Fuzz circuit short of having the amp in my living room... and my wife would NEVER let that happen.

But perhaps more interestingly, I have some parts on order, a dozen of them transistors, for a project that ought to keep me occupied for a while and might be the subject of a future thread on more-or-less the same topic. The shipping looks like it will take a month (shipping from Bulgaria) and, by my count, I'll have 25 different circuit configurations to work through but it should be pretty fun.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”